Chapter Twenty: I'd Do Anything

Marco took a deep breath as he stuck his key into the front door, he had been at training when he had gotten a text message from Sansa about what was happening at home; he felt horrible and he wished there was something he could do.

Sansa had shaved off what remained of Finn's hair that morning, it had taken a while for the hair to fall out with his chemotherapy and the little boy had cried that morning when he woke up to find parts of it on his pillow.

Marco hated that Finn was suffering this way, he knew that it was necessary and that it was nearly over; he wanted better for the little boy, he wanted Finn better and he didn't know what else to do.

Marco stepped into his home and set down his training bag, it had been a long day and with the new season starting Marco knew that his time at home was going to be limited; he wanted to support his girlfriend and son in any way that he could.

The doctors were pleased with how Finn was coping with his chemotherapy, it hadn't been easy on the little boy and he was starting school in a couple of weeks; it wasn't going to be easy and Marco hoped that things weren't going to spiral out of control.

Marco ran his fingers through his hair as he walked further into his home, it was quiet and he knew that Sansa would be just as upset as Finn right now after shaving off his hair; he wanted to be there for them both and he wasn't sure how to do that right now.

Marco peeked into the living room, there was no sign of anyone in there and that fact alone set him on edge; he grounded before moving to take the stairs to the first floor two at a time.

Marco looked towards Finn's room deciding to check on the little boy second, he wasn't sure how to deal with him instead he headed towards Sansa's bedroom to talk to her.

The couple might have been together for five months now but they were still taking things slow, they slept in separate bedrooms and Marco wanted things to start moving forward for them a little.

Knocking gently on the bedroom door, Marco stepped inside and closed the door behind him; he looked at Sansa feeling his heartache and he wanted nothing more than to take away her pain.

"San," Marco whispered shaking his head, he walked across the bedroom and wrapped her up in his arms while she cried; he hated that she was suffering for something that she had no control over.

Sansa wept into Marco's shoulder as she clung to him, she hated feeling so powerless and like there was nothing that she could do to protect Finn from what was happening to him; she wanted nothing more than to take away his pain and she couldn't.

"It's gonna be okay," Marco mumbled trying to calm Sansa down, she had been so strong during all of Finn's treatment and he wanted nothing more than to hold her close; she was so strong and she did so much for her son that he had no idea what to do.

Sansa closed her eyes, she wanted to make things right and she wanted to protect her son but that wasn't possible; she wished that she could take away all of this from him and on to her.

"I hate this," Sansa cried trying to calm herself, she could remember how upset Finn was that morning when he woke up to find tuffs of hair on his pillow; she wanted to fix this and she couldn't.

Marco closed his green eyes and just held Sansa, this was what she needed right now and he had nothing more that he wanted than to make this better; he had no idea how he could make this right for them.

Marco felt a bit of Sansa's hair brush against his nose before his eyes snapped open and an idea started to form inside his mind.

***

Sansa took a deep breath as she knocked on Finn's bedroom door, she still couldn't believe what Marco had asked her to do; she was amazed that he had done what he had for Finn and she hoped it cheered their son up.

Sansa stepped into the bedroom, her eyes quickly finding Finn who was curled up on his bed; her heart ached knowing that in a few weeks that he wouldn't have to have chemo anymore.

The doctors were happy with how everything was going and they had a scan scheduled for November which would decide what was going to happen next; it was a date that Sansa had marked down, she wanted this all to be over with.

"Finn," Sansa called softly, she walked further into the room wanting Marco's plan to work; she was sure that Finn would be surprised when he found out what his father had done for him.

Finn looked up at his mother, it was time for dinner and he had heard Sansa working on it for nearly an hour now; he guessed it was something special to cheer him up.

"I made your favourite for dinner," Sansa murmured sitting down on the bed, she felt so nervous and she wanted to spend time cheering him up after what had happened that morning.

Finn peeked at his mother, his stomach grumbled at the thought of spaghetti and meatballs; he loved when his mother cooked for him but he wasn't hungry not after he had lost his hair.

Sansa sighed moving to give her son a hug, she wanted to make this right and his hair would grow back in time; he was only four years old and things were going to get better in time and Sansa was counting on it.

"Your father has a surprise for you downstairs," Sansa informed with a small smile, she was surprised still and she hoped that Finn would like it; she wanted to ensure that everything went well.

Finn looked at Sansa as she took his hand and slowly lead him out of his bedroom and downstairs; she didn't want dinner getting cold and she hoped that everything would be okay.

Finn padded after his mother carefully as she showed him into the dining room, she paused and looked at Marco knowing that it was going to take some getting used to; she just hoped his plan would work.

Finn stared at Marco, his eyes blinking as he stared up at the footballer who was now his father; he was still getting used to that fact, he was Finn Reus now and everyone knew that.

"Your hair," Finn whispered staring up at Marco, he was surprised to see that Marco has shaved off all of his hair; he hadn't been expecting this and he wondered what had made the footballer do this.

Marco nodded his head, he ran his hand nervously over the place where his hair had been; he had asked Sansa to shave it off in an attempt to cheer Finn up.

Sansa left her boys alone while she went to check on dinner, she had hopes that Marco knew what he was doing; she wanted nothing more than to turn this around and put the bad times behind them.

Marco watched his girlfriend leave before he turned his attention back to Finn, he moved to pull a chair out for Finn; he had known this moment was coming and he was glad he had done what he had.

"But you love your hair," Finn mumbled walking over to Marco, it wasn't a secret that Marco loved his hair and that he didn't like anyone messing with it; it was the reason that he had shaved it off so that he could support Finn.

Marco wrapped his arms around Finn, he held the four year old close wanting nothing more than to ease his mind that it was going to be okay and that it would get better.

"I love you and your mama more," Marco replied looking over at Sansa when she stepped back into the room, this was all that he wanted.