Chapter Eighteen: Becoming Finnegan Reus

"Mama why are we here?" Finn asked softly, he didn't see why he had to be wearing a suit and he wanted to go home and sleep; he had just finished another session of chemo and they were now hanging about some fancy office.

Sansa smiled down at her son, she knew that this was the earliest appointment that they could get and she hoped that things were going to go well; she was a little nervous about meeting with Marco's lawyer but it needed to be done.

"We're here to sign some very important paperwork," Sansa explained softly, she peeked over at Marco still surprised how happy that he was about all of this; she had no idea what she would have done if he had changed his mind.

Marco bounced his knee as he waited for his lawyer to arrive, he was thrilled that things had gone so well and in a few hours he would officially be Finn's father.

The paperwork had taken a month to come through after Sansa had agreed to let him adopt Finn, it had been a long month but he was happy that things were finally getting done.

"What important paperwork?" Finn asked curiously staring up at his mother with big brown eyes, he didn't understand why they were here and he wanted to go home.

Finn cuddled into his mother's side, he was tired and he closed his eyes a little tired but he knew that his mother was going to bring him here if it wasn't important.

"Paperwork that would mean that you are my son," Marco explained softly, he wasn't going to keep things from Finn especially since this was a big day for them; he was looking forward to calling Finn his son and the official name change.

Finn was going to become Finnegan Liam Reus and it was a fact that Marco was happy about the change, he wanted to make things easier for his girlfriend and this was the first step.

"You're gonna be my daddy?" Finn asked looking at Marco with big eyes, he had never had a father before and he didn't know how having one would change things.

Marco nodded his head, he brushed his fingers through Finn's hair and he knew that this was a special day for them; he just wished that his parents would be more supportive about what he wanted.

Marco had left them a voicemail the day before to let them know that they would have a new grandson and he wished that they would just let go of the past; he had forgiven Sansa and it was time that they did the same.

"Of course," Marco murmured wrapping his arms around Finn, he adored the little boy and he knew that things weren't easy for him; he wanted nothing more than to make him better and he hated that he was sick but things were getting better.

Finn's hair was slowly starting to fall out and Sansa wasn't sure how her son would react to that, she was going to have to shave it off soon and Marco was doing what he could to help.

Finn cuddled into Marco's side, he closed his eyes and held onto the only man that had ever taken an interest in his mother and him; he loved them and they were a family.

"Mr Reus?" the lawyer called stepping out of his office, it had been a long morning and he hadn't been expecting to see his favourite client.

Marco was rarely ever in trouble and he was pleased to know that Marco was settling down, apart from the case where Marco had been caught without a driving license there was never much work to be done when it came to the footballer.

Marco took a deep breath as he got to his feet, he looked at Sansa knowing that this was it; he was going to become Finn's father and there was nothing that was going to stop that from happening.

***

"So now you are Finnegan Liam Reus," Marco announced smiling as he held Finn's hand, he couldn't help himself and he knew that it was going to take some getting used to; he was a father now and nothing was going to take that away from him.

Sansa followed them out of the building, she was surprised how quick the meeting with Marco's lawyer had been but she knew that it was all done with now.

Sansa blinked at how bright the sun was and she wondered what Marco had planned now, he had been talking about going out to dinner but she wasn't sure if Finn was up to it.

"How about we go home and order some pizza?" Marco offered peeking back at Sansa, he knew that it had been a long day and he didn't want to overdo it for Finn; he was happy enough for them all to travel home and have dinner there.

Sansa nodded her head while Finn squealed excitedly, she was sure that it would be good for them to have dinner at home; she held back a groan as she spotted a couple of paparazzi watching them from the across the car park.

Sansa pulled the keys out of her black quilted clutch bag, she was glad that they were keeping their distance since she wasn't in the mood to deal with the bothering her or her family.

Marco spotted the paparazzi and gritted his teeth, he didn't want them getting pictures of Finn and spreading horrible lies about the little boy; he wasn't going to tolerate it and things would get better soon.

Making sure that he kept a hold on Finn's hand, he lifted the little boy up and headed straight for the car; he could only imagine what was going to be printed in the papers.

Sansa kept up with Marco with ease and quickly unlocked the car, they both knew that the paparazzi weren't going to go away and they needed to get out of there before anymore showed up.

***

Manuela frowned as she stared at the evening newspaper, she was far from happy to see her son on the front cover especially since he was with Sansa and her son; she had no idea what was going through his mind.

Manuela eyed the pictures of Marco wearing a very nice suit and Sansa in a navy fit and flare dress; it made the voicemail that she had received from her son make sense and she couldn't believe that he had gone through with it.

Manuela sighed shaking her head, she didn't know what was going on with Marco anymore and she knew that things weren't going to get any better; he wanted her to let Sansa explain but she didn't feel like she could trust the blonde.

"Maybe we should just let this go," Thomas murmured walking past his wife, he knew that they couldn't go on like this and it was tearing their family apart; he didn't want to lose his son over something that didn't matter anyway.

Sansa was clearly here to stay and they were going to have to get used to it, there was no point dragging this out when Marco was certain what he wanted; they were going to have to put their wants aside so that they could be a part of their son's life.

Manuela pursed her lips, she wasn't happy with that idea at all and she was hoping that they wouldn't have to deal with Sansa; she didn't want to put up with the blonde that had hurt her son.

"I know you don't like this but there has to be a reason why Marco forgave her," Thomas said trying to reason with his wife, he had nothing to lose here and he wanted things to go back to normal; they were going to have cope with Sansa if they wanted to spend time with Marco.

Manuela sighed shaking her head, she had a feeling that her husband was right even if she didn't want to admit it to herself right now.