Chapter Twenty-Three: Some Good News

Clapping a hand over her mouth, Sansa rolled out of bed and away from Marco before she made a dash to the bathroom leaving a confused Marco in her wake; he watched her hurry away before he heard her throwing up. 

Marco sat up concerned, they were only a couple of days away from Christmas and the last thing that he wanted was for Sansa to be sick on their first Christmas as a family; he wanted the holidays to be perfect for them for once. 

Climbing out of bed, Marco ran a hand through his hair as he padded over to the bathroom wanting to check that Sansa was alright; he sighed hearing the sound of his girlfriend still being sick and it made him nervous. 

Marco walked into the bathroom to hold her hair out of her face, he rubbed her back gently as he listened to her throw up; he hated seeing her like this and he wished that there was something that he could do to make her feel better. 

Sansa whimpered softly resting her head against the cool toilet seat, she had been feeling off the last few days and she had a feeling that she knew what was wrong; she wondered how Marco would take the news that she might be pregnant. 

The sickness only lasted a few minutes but when Sansa pulled back and leant against the cool bathroom wall, she knew that there was a large chance that she was pregnant for a second time. 

"Sansa?" Marco asked softly watching her closely, he didn't like this for a moment and he wished that he knew what was wrong; he brushed some hair from her sweaty face wondering if she was coming down with something. 

Sansa shook her head and smiled at Marco, she nibbled on her lip as she tried to ease her stomach; she certainly hadn't missed this part of her pregnancy. 

"I think I'm pregnant," Sansa whispered looking at Marco, there was no point holding things back from Marco not when she was going to need his help.

***

Marco took a deep breath as he passed the bedroom while he waited for Sansa to take the pregnancy test, he couldn't believe for a moment that there was a high chance that she was pregnant right now. 

Marco knew they'd been sexually active as of late but he had never dreamt that they could be expecting their first child together so soon; it made him excited at the thought and he knew Finn would be a wonderful older brother. 

Marco stopped to check his mobile as he waited for Sansa to come out of the bathroom, they had asked Melanie to collect the tests since Sansa wouldn't have been able to make it to the pharmacy without being spotted by the press. 

Looking at the door for a moment, Marco moved to sit down on the bed and watched the bathroom door; he wanted to be of some help to Sansa and he wasn't sure how he would do it. 

Marco groaned laying back on the bed, he stared up at the ceiling waiting for some sign of Sansa coming out of the bathroom; he closed his eyes for a moment thinking about the idea of them having a baby together.

Marco loved being a father to Finn, he adored the little boy and he couldn't think of anything that could make his life better but them having another child; he couldn't wait to see Sansa pregnant with his child. 

The sound of the bathroom door opening made Marco sit up and stare at Sansa as she padded out of the bathroom; he couldn't take his eyes off her as she twisted the pregnancy test in her hands. 

Marco eyed the test not sure what it said, he turned his attention to Sansa and his green eyes watched her closely; she wasn't giving anything away about what had happened in the bathroom when she had taken the test.

"Sansa?" Marco whispered slowly getting to his feet, he walked towards his girlfriend wanting to know what the test said; he didn't like waiting and he just wanted to know if they were expecting. 

Sansa smiled at Marco and wrapped her arms around his neck, she kissed him softly wanting nothing more than to ease his mind; she closed her eyes knowing that he would be happy with the result. 

"Liebe please," Marco whispered pulling back from Sansa and cupping her face, he wanted to know what the tests had told her; he doubted it would be long before the phone calls started and his entire family wanted to know if they were expecting. 

Sansa smiled at Marco and nodded her head, she watched his face as he stared at her taking in the unspoken words that she had yet to confirm to him. 

"I'm pregnant," Sansa confirmed softly, she watched as Marco's face lit up with the news that they were going to have a baby; she wasn't sure how far along she was but a doctor's appointment would clear all that up for them. 

Marco grinned moving forward to kiss Sansa, he was so happy with the news that they were going to have a baby together; he held her close and wondered how on earth he had gotten so lucky for everything to work out like this. 

"I. Love. You," Marco mumbled between kisses, he couldn't believe that they were going to have a baby; he was so excited and his mind was already thinking of everything that their baby would need. 

Finn had been so limited when he had been born since Sansa had been practically on her own when she'd had him; he was going to make sure that their baby wanted for nothing. 

Sansa laughed softly into the kiss, she had a feeling that Marco was going to spoil the baby and Finn rotten when it came to picking things up for them.

***

Manuela sighed as she peeked at the phone waiting for someone to call her and tell her what was going on; Melanie had phoned to tell her that Marco had sent her to pick up some pregnancy tests. 

"Will you relax," Thomas chuckled looking at his wife, he was surprised to see her so eager to hear from Marco about the chance that Sansa might be pregnant; things had gotten better since they had learnt the truth about what had happened five months earlier. 

Manuela rolled her eyes and glared at her husband, she wanted to know if she had another grandbaby to fuss over; she already had Nico, Finn and Mia, another grandbaby would just be perfect for her. 

"I just want to know if everything is okay," Manuela murmured turning to look at the phone, she tapped her fingers on the side of her chair while she waited for some news about what was going on with her only son and his girlfriend. 

Manuela wasn't stupid, she was sure that it wouldn't be long now before Marco popped the question; she was surprised that he had waited so long after they had all put the past behind them. 

Thomas shook his head and turned his attention back to his newspaper, he adored his three grandchildren and he was sure in time that he would have a couple more. 

Manuela tapped her foot before the phone started to ring, she threw herself out of the chair and over to the phone to answer it; she ignore the look of amusement from her husband as she picked up the phone. 

The room was silent for a moment before Manuela started squealing in delight as Melanie confirmed what Marco had just told her over the phone; in a few months there would be another baby Reus in the family.