Chapter Four: Interfering Friends

“Marco’s been looking for you,” Cathy murmured looking at Sansa, she wished her friend would just talk to him especially since he deserved to know why she had ended things in the first place.

Cathy had never thought that any of this would go on for five years and she knew that Sansa wasn’t just hurting Marco with her decision to stay away but she was hurting herself.

Sansa sighed running her fingers through her hair, she knew what her best friend wanted but Marco was better off without her; she was so proud of him and she didn’t want to bring him down with her problems.

“He wants to speak to you,” Cathy mused knowing that Sansa couldn’t go on like this, she was exhausting herself and working two jobs wasn’t helping her in anyway.

Cathy was sure that Marco would be okay with Finn, the little boy might have been another man’s child but Sansa hadn’t cheated on Marco; she had been assaulted and that didn’t change anything.

Sansa shook her head, she wasn’t going to change her mind and she knew that Marco would be disgusted if he knew what had happened to her; she would never forgive herself for what had happened.

“It’s better like this,” Sansa replied looking at Cathy, she was watching her aunt’s shop for the day and she wanted to be left alone; she knew that Marco was looking for her and she wasn’t going to back down.

Aunt Leila had told her about the run in during the shopping trip, she was sure that Marco hadn’t worked out that Finn was her son but there was a chance that Manuela had.

“Better for who? You’re miserable Sansa,” Cathy argued getting annoyed with all of this, she didn’t want to fight with her best friend but she was being stupid and she was getting tired of lying to Marco’s face about everything that had happened.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sansa said not going to change her mind, Marco was better off without her and he would move on when he was ready; she couldn’t go back not after everything that had happened.

Sansa had to focus on her own life, she had to make things better for Finn and she knew that they had another doctor’s appointment coming up; he hadn’t been well recently and Sansa was worried about him.

Finn had been diagnosed with a hole in his stomach when he was a baby and she had barely been able to pay for treatment then; now he was becoming sick again and Sansa was worried that it could be something more serious.

“It does matter… Marco could help,” Cathy snapped wanting her friend to see that this couldn’t go on, one way or another Sansa was going to speak with Marco before the month was over.

Sansa stared at Cathy, she knew what her best friend was suggesting and she wasn’t going to do it; she wasn’t going to speak to Marco in hopes that he might pay for Finn’s treatment if he needed it.

“I could never ask him that,” Sansa replied growing tired of Cathy constantly pushing this, she was going to find a way to cope and she wasn’t going to use Marco; he deserved so much better than that.

Cathy groaned wanting Sansa to stop being so stubborn, Marco would do anything for her and he would adore Finn when he got to meet him; she was sure he would be the perfect father for the little boy.

“The answer is no Cathy… I’m not going to contact Marco and hurt him more, I will find a way to pay for what Finn needs myself,” Sansa said finally, she didn’t know why her best friend thought that she would be okay with the idea of using Marco for money, she wasn’t that type of person and she never would be no matter what was happening.

***

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Mats asked looking at Cathy, he doubted that Sansa would be so forgiving if she knew what they were about to do; he didn’t want anyone to get hurt and this was only going to hurt people.

Cathy nodded her head, she wasn’t going to change her mind and if Sansa was going to be stupid and not talk to Marco then she would tell him where to find her.

Cathy wanted her friends happy again and all of this had gone on for long enough, they had tried doing this Sansa’s way and it hadn’t worked out; now it was time to do things her way.

Mats knocked on Marco’s front door, he had no idea how Marco would take what they were about to tell him; he doubted that this was going to end well but there was no changing Cathy’s mind.

The couple didn’t have to wait long before Marco opened the door to them, he looked between them confused for a moment wondering what they were doing here.

“Can we come in?” Cathy said smiling at Marco, she was sure that he would thank her one day and she hoped that Sansa wasn’t going to be too mad; she was doing the right thing for them after five years of doing nothing.

Marco nodded his head, he could see that Cathy was a woman on a mission and he wondered what was going on; he peeked at Mats as he let them into his home trying to find some clue about what was happening.

“This looks serious,” Marco mused walking over to the living room, he had been relaxing after a busy training session and with a match that weekend he knew that there was a lot going on.

Cathy didn’t say anything instead she just sat down and looked at Marco, she wasn’t going to back down now and she was going to do this no matter what.

Mats sighed sitting next to her, this was going to be hard and Marco wasn’t going to want to hear a lot of what was going on; even he didn’t know why Sansa had ended things five years earlier.

Marco sat down and looked between his friends, he didn’t like that Cathy and Mats looked so serious and he knew that there was only one person this could be about.

“You know that I still speak with Sansa,” Cathy said watching Marco, she wasn’t going to let this go and Marco had a right to know what was going on; she wouldn’t tell him why Sansa had ended things but she would tell him how to find her.

Marco nodded his head, this wasn’t news to him and he had tried before to get anything out of Cathy about what had happened five years ago.

“You’ve never wanted to help before,” Marco murmured suspiciously, he had a feeling that Sansa didn’t know what was going on and it worried him why Cathy might be doing this; he wanted to speak to Sansa but he didn’t want to upset her.

“Because I thought she’d snap out of this,” Cathy reasoned with a shake of her head, she looked at Mats and wondered how she had gotten so lucky with him; she loved him so much and wanted the same for her friends.

Marco swallowed, he knew that something had happened the night that Sansa had ended things and he could never find out from anyone what had happened.

“She works at the restaurant four nights a week and at her aunt’s store five days a week,” Cathy revealed taking a piece of paper out of her bag and handing it to Marco, it was Sansa’s time-table for the week minus the times that she had to pick Finn up from school.

Marco slowly opened the paper and stared at it, he swallowed knowing that this was what he wanted and he even had Sansa’s home address now; he could finally go and speak to her so that he could get the answers that he needed.

Marco could only wonder if he would get closure as well, he had no idea what he would find when he spoke to Sansa.