Chapter Thirteen: The Second Chance

Sansa took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't believe that she had let Marco talk her into this; he wanted to take her out to dinner and she was a little nervous about it.

It had been two weeks since the couple had gotten back together and with Finn still in hospital, Marco had decided that it would be a good idea for them to redo their first date. 

Sansa smoothed down the orange ruffle tunic that she was wearing, she knew that they had to go out together at some time but it worried her that they would be seen; she couldn't actually believe that Marco was giving her a second chance. 

Sansa shook her head, she was worried about people finding out that she was with Marco; there were going to be a lot of people that weren't happy about it and she feared what they might do to break them up. 

"You can do this," Sansa whispered to herself moving to slip on her black bow ballerina flat, she was sure that Marco had thought about keeping things low key; the press was going to have a field day when they found out. 

Sansa paused when she heard someone knock at her bedroom door, she frowned wondering why Marco would knock when he knew that she was here. 

Shaking her head, Sansa walked over to her bedroom door and opened it; she blinked surprised at the sight of Marco holding a bouquet of freesia. 

"Hallo," Marco greeted smiling at Sansa, he had wanted their first date to go well and he knew that she was a little nervous about leaving the house with him; he was sure that it would be okay no matter what happened on their date. 

"Marco," Sansa whispered a little in awe that he had remembered her favourite flowers after all this time; she swallowed not knowing what to do, she stepped forward and kissed him in thanks. 

Marco wrapped one arm around Sansa and held her close, he smiled into the kiss and wondered if she was going to do this a lot now they were back together; he wasn't going to lose her for a second time. 

Sansa blushed stepping back from Marco, she was never sure how to react now that they were back together; she always feared doing too much and making Marco push her away. 

"Are you ready to go?" Marco asked moving to set down the flowers, he was happy that she felt comfortable enough to do that to him; he wasn't going to rush things and he wanted Sansa to be completely comfortable with him no matter what happened. 

Sansa nodded her head and smiled at Marco, he was being so good to her and he wasn't rushing things; this was the first time she'd been on a date since what had happened with Connor. 

Marco understood that and he wasn't going to make her do anything that she didn't want to do, he hated that Connor had nearly destroyed her entire life and now he would help her rebuild it so that she could finally move on with her life. 

"I'm ready," Sansa replied nodding her head, she was sure that whatever Marco had planned was going to be good but she doubted it would ever top their first ever date eight years earlier. 

Sansa held a special place in her heart for that moment, it was the first time that she realised that she could see herself building a future with the man that was before her. 

Marco was the man that Sansa could see herself spending the rest of her life with, she wanted nothing more than for that to happen but first they needed to fix the damage that she had caused when she had walked away. 

Marco gently took Sansa's hand and led her from her bedroom, he was hopeful that this would be the first of many dates and he was glad they had this second chance.

***

Marco wrapped an arm around Sansa's shoulder and drew her close, he was pleased that so far everything seemed to be going well for them; no one had really bothered the couple since they had left the house. 

Sansa had relaxed and Marco was glad that she wasn't so tense now, they had gone to see the new Avengers film since he knew that it would be a good start for them. 

It was the first time in a long time that the couple had been able to relax and Marco wanted to prove that they could still do normal things together; he might have been famous but that didn't change how he felt. 

"That was nice," Sansa murmured cuddling into Marco's side, she had expected him to drag her to some overpriced restaurant but she was glad that he hadn't. 

Marco knew what she liked and Sansa was grateful that they were able to enjoy their date as a couple without being harassed by anyone a fact that Marco was a little thankful for. 

Marco could be Marco when he was with Sansa, he had always just been him to her and she had never cared about how famous he was in the past and he doubted that had changed. 

"So where are we going for dinner?" Sansa asked peeking up at Marco, her stomach was grumbling and she hoped that they wouldn't be walking far; she cuddled into his side as he drew her close. 

Marco's fingers brushed tenderly against Sansa's shoulder, it was starting to get a little chilly and he knew that they didn't have far to walk for dinner; he was going to keep things as normal as possible for them for as long as possible. 

"Pfefferkorn," Marco replied with a smile, he had taken Sansa there for their real first date and he knew that it was the perfect place to celebrate the fact they had gotten back together. 

Sansa smiled as she nodded her head, she couldn't help but think about how wonderful Marco was; she had no idea why he had ever taken her back but she was glad that he had. 

***

Melanie Reus stared shocked at the article that her friend had sent her a link to, she couldn't believe what she was seeing and she prayed it was some sort of horrible joke; she was sure Marco would have said something about this. 

However a picture was worth a thousand words and here where several of Marco out in Dortmund with his arm around Sansa Farber; it made Melanie feel sick as she realised that her brother was speaking to his ex-girlfriend. 

Slowly looking through all the pictures again, Melanie wondered what was going on and why the couple looked so in love; she had spoken to her brother weeks ago and he hadn't mention this to her. 

Melanie chewed on her lip, this was going to be all over the news in the morning and she could only imagine what their mother would say and do when she found out about the fact that Sansa was back in Marco's life. 

Melanie had always wondered why Sansa had broken things of, she doubted that the blonde would ever cheat on her brother and she knew that if Marco had taken her back then it had to have been for a good reason. 

Manuela had been fast to tell her daughters all about the little boy that belonged to Sansa, it was clear that he wasn't Marco's and yet here was her brother looking so happy with Sansa again like nothing had happened. 

Melanie groaned shaking her head before she moved to get her mobile, she wanted answers about what was going on and there was only one way for her to get them and that was for her to call Marco. 

Melanie doubted her brother knew that he had been papped while out with Sansa, she would need to warn him before their mother descended on his home wanting answers for herself.