Chapter Eight: Please Help Me

“How are you going to afford this Sansa?” Aunt Leila questioned looking at the cost of all of Finn’s treatment, their insurance would only cover part of it and there was no way that they could afford the rest.

Sansa dropped her head into her hands and shook her head, she had no idea what she was going to do; she needed help and yet she didn’t know who she could turn to right now.

“I don’t know,” Sansa whispered knowing that they had to find some way to pay for Finn’s treatment, she wasn’t going to let her little boy die and she knew that she would find a way.

Sansa couldn’t turn to her parents, they had denied her the trust fund when they had thrown her out and they weren’t going to change their minds now; she needed money and quickly so Finn could get better before the cancer could even have a chance to spread.

“You need to do something,” Aunt Leila said shaking her head, she didn’t have the money to help her niece and she wished that she did; there was nothing that she could do this time and they would have to find answers elsewhere.

Sansa sniffled wanting to cry, she had no idea what to do and she feared that if they didn’t find some sort of answer then she would lose her son; she would do anything for him.

Aunt Leila padded into the kitchen and popped the kettle on, she had no idea what was going to happen but they needed a solution; she could only do so much and Sansa would need to start thinking about all of this.

“Where are you going?” Aunt Leila asked coming out of the kitchen to find Sansa slipping on her nude flat ballerina pumps, she had no idea what was going on in her niece’s mind but she had a feeling that she had a plan.

Sansa didn’t stop, she knew that there was one person that she could turn to and she prayed that he wouldn’t turn her away; she needed his help if she was going to save her son.

***

Marco blinked surprised as he looked at Sansa after opening the door, he hadn’t been expecting her; she looked freezing in her blue gypsy T-shirt and stretch skinny jeans and he wondered why she was here.

“Sansa?” Marco asked seeing that she had been crying, her eyes were red and she looked terrible; he stepped aside to allow her into his home, he had been relaxing after training and nearly ready to make dinner.

Sansa was silent as she stepped inside, she looked down at her hands hating that she had come to him for money; she needed help and a loan from the bank wasn’t going to happen.

Marco led his ex-girlfriend into the living room, she had never been to his home before and he was a little surprised that she knew where he lived; Mats or Cathy would have warned if they knew she was coming.

“Is everything alright?” Marco asked watching Sansa, she slowly sat down on the leather couch and looked anywhere but at him; he wondered what had made her come and find him, they hadn’t seen each other in two weeks.

Marco watched Sansa, she looked exhausted and he knew that she had come to him like this; he still didn’t know what he thought about this entire mess, he wanted to go back five years ago but wasn’t sure if that was possible.

“Sansa?” Marco asked when she didn’t say anything, she looked so nervous and he wished that he knew what was going on; she hadn’t wanted to find him before and yet here she was.

Sansa took a shaky breath and finally looked at Marco, she was so scared that he would turn her away but she needed his help and she prayed that he wouldn’t punish her for the past.

“I need help Marco,” Sansa whispered staring at her ex-boyfriend, she hated that she was doing this but she didn’t know what else to do.

Marco stared at Sansa, he had no idea why she had come to him if she needed help not when they hadn’t really spoken in five years; he wasn’t sure what had happened but it made him a little suspicious.

“I need money,” Sansa whimpered messing with the bottom of her top, she had to remember that she was doing this for Finn, she needed help and she couldn’t turn to anyone else.

Cathy and Mats were saving up for their wedding and Sansa knew that they hadn’t told anyone about that; she had no one else and she truly needed Marco’s help.

Sansa swallowed, she didn’t want to make Marco think that she only wanted his money; she would pay him back and she would do anything that he asked her to if he helped her.

Marco was silent at Sansa’s request, he’d dealt with his fair share of gold-diggers in the past and he had never thought that Sansa would be one of them; she looked so pathetic and he felt bad for her.

“I’ll pay you back… anyway I can,” Sansa spluttered getting some paper from her pocket, she handed it over to Marco knowing that she had to show him that it wasn’t about the money; she wasn’t trying to scam him or use him in anyway.

Marco furrowed his brow before he read the letter that Sansa had given him, it was from the hospital and made his stomach drop; he was shocked to read how bad things were for Finn, he knew how much the little boy meant to Sansa and he was adorable.

“I can’t pay the bills… he needs this treatment, I can’t lose him Marco please,” Sansa pleaded with tears in her eyes, she stared at the man that had all the power right now and she prayed that he said yes.

Marco took a deep breath, he had no idea what to say right now and he knew that Sansa wouldn’t have come to him if there was another option; his heart ached as he wondered what he should do and if he should say yes.

“I’ll do anything Marco… name it,” Sansa begged slowly moving to her knees and wrapping her arms around Marco’s legs, she whispered pleading for his help; she would do anything to get help that her son desperately needed.

Marco stared down at Sansa, he swallowed knowing that she would do anything that he asked for her son’s sake; his stomach twisted at what she would be willing to do for that money.

“Anything?” Marco breathed resting a hand on Sansa’s head, he wasn’t going to take advantage of her but he knew that he couldn’t let her just walk away again after what had happened.

Sansa nodded her head, she kept her green eyes closed as she clung to his legs; she was being childish but she had no idea what else to do right now.

Marco took a deep breath, his head spinning with so many ideas on what he could do; he didn’t want to make things worse but he knew that he couldn’t just give her the money.

“Okay,” Marco murmured when he decided on what he was going to do, he gently pulled Sansa to her feet; he stared at her hoping that he was doing the right thing.

“I’ll give you a cheque right now that will cover everything,” Marco agreed smiling a little at Sansa, he knew how much this would mean to her but that didn’t mean that she would be disappearing again; he just hoped that she agreed to his terms.

Sansa started at Marco speechless, she had no idea what to say and she knew that he wasn’t finished yet, she was just so happy.

“But I do have terms about this,” Marco continued knowing that he was doing the right thing, he was sure that by the end of it that he would have more answers about them.