Chapter Ten: Making Things Clear

Sansa shivered a little as she climbed out of the shower, it was very early in the morning and she was still a little wary about how close she would be working with her ex-boyfriend but she had to get used to it. 

Sansa and Finn would be staying with Marco for a couple of years, the footballer had been insisted on the fact and he wanted to help her find a place of her own when their deal was over. 

It had been a nice surprise that Marco had set Finn up in his own bedroom and the room was perfect for the four year old; it didn't need much and Marco said that they could redecorate if needed.

Marco had also set Sansa up in the second master bedroom, she was right across the hall from her son in case he needed her and they had the entire first floor to themselves since Marco's bedroom was on the second floor. 

Sansa quickly dried herself and got dressed for the day, she had to drive Marco to training and she would spend the day getting used to her new role; she was basically his cleaner, his chauffeur and his chef.

It wasn't much but Sansa would be working just for him, she had been forced to give up her waitressing job as well as working at her aunt's shop to take up Marco's offer; Sansa just hoped that this decision wasn't going to bite her in the end. 

Sansa quietly left the bedroom and closed the door behind her, she headed across the hallway to check on Finn; she smiled at the sight of her son who was sound asleep and she was glad that he was able to get some. 

Finn was due to go back to the hospital in a couple of days, he would have his surgery and then a couple of weeks later he would start his treatment for the cancer; he was being so brave about all of this.

***

"Guten Morgen," Sansa greeted peeking at Marco as he entered the kitchen, he looked tired and Sansa hoped that he wouldn't have any trouble at training; she moved about the kitchen preparing breakfast for him. 

Marco rubbed his eyes tiredly, he had spent the night thinking about Sansa and he knew that it was wrong; he had a feeling that having Sansa and Finn stay with him was going to be difficult. 

Marco couldn't help but be reminded about the fact that if things had gone right then Finn would have been his son; he felt attached to the little boy that belonged to his ex-girlfriend. 

There was only one person to blame for this and that was Connor Stewart, Marco wished that he could find some way to hurt Sansa's rapist; he wanted the man to suffer like she had and he wished that he could make this right. 

"How did you sleep?" Sansa asked curiously, she was very aware that things were awkward between them and she was going to have to get used to being around him again. 

Marco and Sansa had a past and neither of them had really talked about what would happen now that Marco knew the truth about what had happened that night five years ago. 

"Fine," Marco grumbled as Sansa moved to plate up his breakfast, she knew how he liked his breakfast; he watched her wondering how any of this was going to work out. 

Marco might have wanted Sansa close to him, he wanted to help her but having her close was proving hard when he was still in love with her; he wished that he could talk to her about this. 

Marco hadn't truly thought about anything else but maybe getting back together with Sansa, they needed to talk about this at some point but he didn't want to rush her.

Sansa paused looking at Marco, she didn't believe him for a moment and she wondered if he had change his mind about helping her and Finn; she didn't want to get under his feet and bother him. 

The former couple were silent for a moment as Sansa set Marco's breakfast in front of him before she moved to clean up, she had no idea what to say to him and she hated how awkward things were. 

Marco watched Sansa, he hated the tension and he wished that they didn't have to be like this; he would have to make the first move if they were ever to make it past all of this. 

"I forgive you," Marco revealed staring at Sansa, it was a start and he knew these words would allow them to move forward; he couldn't hate Sansa for doing what she had, she'd been through something traumatic and had reacted to that. 

Sansa stood frozen as Marco's words settled in the air, she felt a weight lift from her shoulders before she turned to look at Marco; she had no idea what to say right now. 

"I'm not mad about what you did Sansa..." Marco said pushing his breakfast away from him, he continued to watch her; he'd had weeks to think about what she had told him and he wanted to move forward. 

Marco didn't want to stay in the past and it was time for them to move forward, he wasn't sure how this would work out but it wouldn't hurt to try. 

"Marco," Sansa whispered feeling her heart pound in her chest, she didn't know what to say to him and she feared that they were going to do something that would risk all of this. 

Sansa didn't want to lose Marco and she knew that she had no right to want him back after what she had done; she should have talked to him sooner instead of breaking things off. 

"I would like us to try again," Marco continued getting nervous, he knew that this was a lot to ask and things were still up in the air but he wanted to make all of this clear. 

Sansa was the one that he wanted and nothing was going to change that, he would make everyone else understand that this was what he wanted out of life.

"I know you might not feel the same..." Marco started to say, he didn't want to hurt Sansa and he would happily take this slow if it meant they could work on things; he wanted to know if there was hope for them. 

Sansa and Finn were something that Marco wanted, he could see them being a family and he didn't see the harm in trying to work this all out; they had been so happy before and they could be now. 

"I do," Sansa interrupted staring at Marco, she had no idea that he had been thinking about this; she had never imagined that he would want her back after what had happened. 

Marco smiled at Sansa's reply, he was sure that they could do this and this time they would be careful; it was going to hard but they would make it work this time. 

"Are you sure about this?" Sansa asked watching Marco as he climbed off his chair and walked over to her, she didn't want him regretting giving her a second chance; he would never come first for her again now that she had Finn. 

Sansa's top priority was her son and she was only here so that he could get the money for his treatment, she knew Marco would never use her and hurt her; she trusted him with her life. 

"More than sure," Marco murmured gently pulling Sansa close to him, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close; he wanted to do this and there was no changing his mind.

Marco knew that they would be okay and if they did this right maybe they could slowly rebuild their relationship; he was going to fight for them this time. 

"We'll take this slow Sansa... one step at a time," Marco reassured not giving in, they were a lot stronger now and he wanted to ensure that they were doing the right thing. 

Sansa nodded her head, she was still a little wary about all of this but she didn't see the harm in taking this chance.