Chapter Twenty-Seven: Being Harassed

Mats frowned looking over at Marco, he had noticed how distracted his friend had been recently and he had no idea what was going on; he knew that things had been odd between them since Marco had gotten back together with Sansa. 

Mats had only been worried that someone was going to get hurt, he had seen how Marco had been when Sansa had ended things after Connor had raped her; he didn't want to see his friend go through that again. 

Mats had been honestly surprised when Marco announced that he had gotten engaged, he had never thought that his friend would take that step; he was happy for the couple and he knew that Cathy missed speaking to Sansa. 

Mats had no idea what had happened between his fiancée and Sansa, he knew that they had talked when Sansa had come to a match before Christmas and it clearly hadn't ended well between them. 

"Is everything okay Marco?" Mats asked knowing that this didn't need him distracted and they needed to focus if they wanted to do better than last season; he leant against the locker watching Marco concerned. 

Marco nodded his head, he didn't want to talk to Mats about his issues and he knew that his friend hadn't really taken an interest before about what was going on since he had started to date Sansa again. 

"Are you and Sansa having problems?" Mats asked trying to work the issue out, he was sure things would be hard for the couple and he knew that Finn could be a hand full at times; he didn't know if Marco was prepared for acting like the little boy's father. 

Marco rolled his eyes, he wasn't even surprised that his so called friend assumed that he and Sansa were having problems; Mats hadn't really been there for him since he had announced that he was back together with Sansa. 

"It's okay if you are... no one expects things to be easy for you after what happened," Mats continued trying to get Marco to open up about what was bothering him, he was sure he could help in some way.

Marco slammed his locker door closed making everyone look at them, the locker room was silent as they all looked at the two men; they all knew that things had been different since Marco had started dating Sansa again. 

"There is nothing wrong with my relationship with Sansa... in fact we're expecting," Marco snapped knowing that he wouldn't be able to hid the news any longer, he wanted people to stop thinking that he and Sansa would break apart at any moment. 

Mats stared at Marco surprised, he hadn't known that the couple were at that stage and he didn't know what to say; he didn't really know much about Marco's relationship.

Erik Durm grinned at Marco's news, he was so happy for his friend and he knew that this couldn't have been better for Marco after everything that had happened in the past. 

"Sansa is not the problem... Connor Stewart is," Marco spat running his fingers through his hair, he had no idea what to do about the man that was haunting them at every move. 

Sansa hadn't left the house in the week since their run in with Connor, Marco was worried about what the rapist would be willing to do to cause a meeting with Finn; he had been spotted hovering around Finn's school by Marco's sisters. 

Mats felt his stomach drop at Marco's words, he hadn't even known that Connor was out of prison and he hated that the man was now back in the picture; he knew that Connor wasn't just going go away. 

"Marco..." Mats murmured reaching out for his friend, he wished that Marco would have come to him about all of this instead of them having this talk in the locker room.

Marco shook his head, he wasn't going to put up with Mats feeling sorry for him when he wasn't the one suffering; he was worried for Sansa, he didn't want her thinking that she, Finn and the baby weren't safe. 

"He's already approached us," Marco muttered glad that he had been with Sansa when that had happened, he wanted to protect her and he wasn't sure that anything could be done to keep Connor away from her. 

Mats sighed knowing that Sansa wouldn't have taken that well, he had seen how she had been after what had happened; he couldn't believe that Connor was allowed to be anywhere near her or Finn after what he had done. 

"Can't the police do anything?" Erik asked softly, he didn't know much about what was going on apart from what he had heard from the others but he knew that Connor was dangerous. 

Marco shook his head, he had spoken with the police but unless Connor actually did something they could do nothing but give him a warning; he was angry that they weren't willing to do more to help keep Sansa and Finn safe. 

"They won't do anything," Marco muttered crossing his arms and leaning back on his locker, he didn't look at Mats knowing that he really wasn't in the mood to deal with his friend right now; he wanted to head home and check on Sansa. 

Manuela was doing her best to make sure that Sansa and Finn weren't left home alone while Marco was at work; she knew that this wasn't easy and that Connor didn't seem to be backing off. 

"How bad is it?" Mats asked knowing that Connor hadn't even seemed sorry for what he had done when he had been in court; he doubted that Connor felt sorry now and he dreaded to think what he would do now. 

Marco nodded his head, he had caught Connor driving past the house several times and he would sit in the car outside of Finn's school watching the little boy; no one knew what he would do since the police weren't doing anything to stop him.

***

Sansa sighed brushing some blonde hair from her face, she headed down the stairs wanting to make herself some lunch; Manuela had popped to the shops and she was home alone until Marco returned from training. 

Sansa didn't mind and she knew that there was no way that Connor could get through the front gate; only several people had the code anyone else had to buzz through to the house. 

Sansa was still worried since the police didn't seem to be taking this seriously, she wondered what it would take to make them act against Connor; he was practically stalking her and Finn, she was worried that he might be planning something. 

Connor had always maintained during his trial that when he had raped her that it was a spare of the moment thing, however Sansa didn't believe that; she was certain that his actions were premediated and she was sure that even now he was planning something. 

Finn thankfully didn't seem to notice that the entire family were on edge and everyone was being careful around him not to reveal what was going on or who Connor was; the last thing anyone wanted was for Finn to learn that Connor had fathered him. 

Sansa shook her head, she would never let Finn anywhere near Connor and she doubted that any judge would allow the rapist near him now that Marco was legally his father; she didn't know what she would have done if Marco wasn't with her right now. 

Sansa paused as she walked passed one of the front windows, she swallowed slowly turning to look out of it as her heart stopped beating in her chest; her eyes locked on Connor who was stood right outside of the front gate staring up at the house watching for any movement.