Chapter Twenty-Two: Finn's Fifth Birthday

Sansa took a deep breath as she brushed some hair from her face, she kept a tight hold of Finn's hand as they moved to find their seats; she was a little nervous about being in the Westfalenstadion to watch Marco play. 

It was Finn's birthday and Marco had gotten him tickets to see him play, he wanted the little boy there and she hadn't been able to deny him since he had looked so happy. 

Sansa peeked at Finn who was dressed in his little jersey, she smiled seeing how happy he was and she knew how much this meant to him; his hair was slowly starting to grow back and he seemed happier than he had done in months. 

"Mama here," Finn said tugging Sansa towards their seats, they weren't sitting with the other footballer's families since Sansa didn't feel comfortable with that; she was a little frightened of what they might think of her. 

Things had been going well for her and Marco in the last few months and the couple had quickly fallen back into their relationship before they had broken up; they were doing so well and Sansa didn't want anything to ruin it for them. 

However that didn't mean that Sansa was ignoring what was being said about them in the papers, she hated the rumours that appeared week in week out about her life with Marco and it didn't help that she felt like sometimes they were right. 

Sansa had really only come back into Marco's life because Finn had been ill and needed treatment paying for and while Marco didn't seem to care now about her paying him back; she felt like she had to do something to stand on her own two feet again. 

"Look there is daddy," Finn said excitedly, he sat down in his seat and smiled watching Marco warm up with the rest of the team; he had never been to a football match before since they had never been able to afford it. 

Sansa nodded her head watching Marco, she loved how happy he looked while he was on the pitch; she didn't know what he would do if he couldn't play.

***

Sansa felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up on end, she knew someone was staring at her and she didn't want to turn around to see who it was; she focused instead on the match and Finn. 

Sansa knew that there had been a chance that people would recognise her as Marco's girlfriend, she wasn't sure what was going to happen when she was forced to face Marco's fans or people like that. 

"Sansa," said a voice making the blonde quickly turn around, she blinked at the sight of Cathy and she wasn't sure what to say to the best friend that she hadn't seen in months. 

Sansa didn't know what had happened but around the time that she had gotten back together with Marco, Cathy had stopped speaking to her along with Mats; she wondered if they were unhappy with her decision to date him again. 

"Auntie Cathy," Finn exclaimed jumping to his feet and moving to hug her, he had missed her and he didn't know why she hadn't been around for the last few months. 

Cathy smiled weakly down at the little boy, she wasn't sure how she felt about the fact that he was now Marco's son by law; she had never for a moment thought this would happen when she had told Marco how to find Sansa. 

Cathy eyed her best friend, she had heard from Mats that Marco had gotten the two tickets and she hadn't been surprised to see that Sansa not arriving in the private lounge where families of the players sat. 

Sansa stared at Cathy, she didn't know what to say to her and she didn't know why they had stopped talking; she didn't feel that they had fought over anything that had caused them to stop talking.

"So you got back together with Marco," Cathy said staring at Sansa, she had wanted her friend to get closure when she had sent Marco to speak with her; she had never considered that they would get back together. 

Sansa nodded her head, she had a feeling that Cathy had a problem with her relationship; she messed with the bottom of her yellow plain zip shoulder jumper; she didn't want to fight with Cathy after everything that she had been through. 

"Sansa..." Cathy said shaking her head, she wished that she could stop Marco and Sansa from getting hurt; she knew that things wouldn't end well for them this time. 

Finn frowned at Cathy moving to climb up onto his mother's lap, he was a little upset that Cathy had ignored him and she seemed unhappy with his mother for being happy; he didn't understand why she didn't look happy that he had a daddy now. 

"We are happy Cathy," Sansa mumbled wanting her friend to understand that things weren't going to change, she didn't see what the problem was with them getting back together. 

Marco and Sansa were happy and that was what mattered, Sansa didn't want anyone trying to break them up over something stupid; they hadn't done anything wrong with getting back together. 

"This wasn't meant to happen," Cathy said wanting to convince Sansa that getting back together with Marco was a mistake, she did want her best friend to be happy but she didn't want to see Sansa or Finn hurt. 

Sansa stared at Cathy, she had no idea what to make of what Cathy had just said; she felt ill that her friend didn't seem happy for her right now. 

"I want you to be happy Sansa... but I don't think getting back with Marco was a good idea," Cathy explained, she couldn't imagine what was going to happen when Connor was released from prison in just a few months but she could only see Marco, Sansa and Finn getting hurt.

Sansa brushed her fingers through Finn's hair, she stared at Cathy trying to calm herself down and not get too upset; she closed her eyes for a moment taking a deep breath to calm herself down. 

"I think you should go back to your seat Cathy," Sansa said looking back at the woman who was clearly not her best friend anymore, she wasn't going to fight with Cathy and if she couldn't be happy for her then Sansa was better off without her. 

Cathy blinked a little, she stared at Sansa knowing that she hadn't gone about this in the right way; she only wanted to protect Sansa and she hated that things weren't going to work out that way. 

"Sansa..." Cathy whispered not wanting to lose her friend, she hated to think that they going to let their friendship go over something like this; she wanted Sansa to think about what she was doing. 

Cathy wasn't sure what else to say, she knew what the press were like and they weren't going to be kind to Sansa or Finn; they already said that Sansa was a gold-digger and that she had only gotten back together with Marco because he was rich. 

"There's nothing left to say here Cathy," Sansa stated turning her head back to the match, she was hurt that Cathy thought that she wasn't right for Marco and she wanted to prove everyone wrong. 

Sansa made a mental note to speak with her aunt when she got home, she was going to ask for her job back at the store and she would earn her own money again. 

Sansa was going to make everyone see that she was right for Marco, she wanted nothing more than to live her life without people pointing out her past constantly to them. 

Finn watched Cathy walk away as he cuddled into his mother knowing that she was upset about what had happened.