Love+Time=Hate Hate+Guilt=That Dumb Pink Plus? Chp.24

Chapter 24- My Little Blessing-

I was really hurting. It had been about three days since i had last seen my son. I exhaled a long awaited breath when a bubbly nurse came into the room and helped me into a wheel-chair. I still couldn't walk. The birth was successful, but i had some organ problem that came from me consuming a massive amount of liquor in a short amount of time. And i had my uterus problems. Doctors said that soon i'd have to get a Hysterectomy. I wanted at least one more kid. Especially is Briant wouldn't make it.

The nurse rolled me into the room where they had my baby. I let out an exasperated cry when i saw my little Briant. He was still on life support, and they had him in an incubator. I couldn't touch my baby. My little baby. He was fighting. He really was fighting to survive. I needed him to. He's so important. If he doesn't make it, what will be the point for me to go on? My sons would have never really known they're younger brother, I would have never really known my third son. The image of that happening really scared me.

The nursed rolled me next to the incubator so i can look at my son. I smiled at him.

"Hey Briant. It's mommy. I need you to hang in there okay little buddy? Mommy needs you to be strong. You have to live, you hear me? I need you to live. Fight it baby. Fight it. Mommy wants you to learn how to ride a bike, and read books. I want you to play sports and grow up to be a big healthy boy. Mommy loves you Briant. Be strong for me okay? You'll have a great life. Soon daddy will come home. And it'll be you, me, Daddy, Avery, and Ashton. That's how it's supposed to be. So you have to be strong. Okay Briant?"

"Excuse me, Mrs.Daniels."

"Yes?"

"You have some visitors that say they want to see your son."

"Let them in."

"You hear that Briant? You have visitors."

"Melody! We came as soon as we heard that they had let you see Briant."

"Yeah."

"Look, Melody, Briant is really sick, you know that right."

"My son's on life support, and spends his days in an incubator. Of course i know he's sick."

"The doctors say he needs to get an operation. If he doesn't get it done, he'll die."

"Then have them do it."

"We can't afford it. None of us have the funds for the operation."

"Well then God is going to help my son."

"Melody, YOU have to help your son. Look, there's one way we can get this operation done."

"Okay."

"It would have to mean you letting Briant be adopted."

"Hell no."

"Listen! There's this rich young couple that said that gladly pay for Briant to get his operation. All they want in exchange is to adopt him. Don't you want for Briant to live?"

"If he's going to live, then he's going to live with his mother."

"Melody, look. We all want what's best for Briant!"

"Okay mother. Then you should know that I am best for Briant."

"Melody, please. We wrote Quinn a few days ago, and he just wrote back. He said we have his consent."

"Why would you go behind my back and do all that? What is your PROBLEM? This is MY son!"

"Melody, we all just want Briant to live. Look, the young couple is here. They're down in the cafeteria waiting to meet you. At least go down and see them. Hear them out."

"Melody, the boys are down there with Vinny waiting for you too. Please, let me take you. Please."

"FINE. Fine. I'll go. Stay with Briant. I'll be back."

Darleen got behind me, and rolled me out of the room. She rolled me through the many hallways, and to the elevator. We were quiet as we waited for the doors to open, we were quiet as we waiting in the elevator, and we were quiet when we got out of the elevator. I really hate Darleen right now. I hate all of my family. I even hate my husband. How dare they suggest that i give up my child. My blood. My Briant.

I frowned as Darleen rolled me into the cafeteria. I lightened up a bit when my twins ran over to me calling out my name. I bent down to kiss them both on their foreheads, and they trailed after me. Vinny stopped for a moment, patted my shoulder, and kissed the side of my forehead. The boys hugged him goodbye, and he went on his way. Darleen rolled me up to a table. At the table sat a young couple. They looked madly in love. The woman looked but 19, and the name looked barely 21. They both had vibrant blue eyes, and gentle smiles. The woman had bleach blonde hair, and the man chestnut brown. They had fortune written all over them.

The woman reached for my hand, and i gave her a measly handshake. The man took my hand and kissed the tips of my fingers.

"Hello Mrs.Daniels. My name is Bethany, and this is my husband Gilbert. We're so pleased to meet you."

"My name's Melody, and i can't say the same for myself."

"My wife and i are here to propose a deal with you."

"I'm listening."

"We know that your son is very sick. And we know that you do not have the money to get him the operation he needs to live. We are willing to gladly pay for that operation, but in exchange, we want to adopt him."

"You see i personally cannot have children, but i really want some. We really want some."

"We know that you need and want your son to live, and we have the means to make that happen. All we ask is that you also fulfill our need and want for a child."

"Hell no. Goodbye."

"Wait! Melody! Just think about it! You're son will be alive and in good hands!"

"We have the money for the operation and the adoption papers right now."

"No."

"Well at least let us get your son this operation, and then we can discuss this adoption. Please."

"Do you think you can take good care of my Briant?"

"We can take amazing care of him. We know we can."

"Okay. I'll sign the papers. Stay away from my son until after the operation."

"Oh thank you so much, Melody! Bless your soul!"

"Come here boys. Let's go back up to go see baby Briant. Okay? Mommy's done here."

"Okay mommy!"

"Mum! Uncle Vinny got us fries!"

"Were they good?"

"Yes!"

"Well that's good."

Darleen rolled me out of the cafeteria, into the elevator, and up to the room where they held my son. When we got there i stopped her in the doorway. I looked at my family crowding around my son and cooing him. I shrugged Darleen off and took the wheels in my hands. I made my way towards my room. Leaving the twins with their auntie. My heart hurt. I could barely stand the pain. All that was important was that my baby stayed alive. Whether it means he wouldn't grow up with me.

I truly am cursed, but i truly love my son.