Hailey smirked, "Would you eat me?"

"W-what?" Katherine darted towards her in surprise; her eyebrows high as much as her eyes were wide. "Don't talk nonsense, fae."

Hailey leant on the counter as she kept her gaze at Katherine, who was equally staring back at her, but with much more of a glare than anything. Katherine was bothered by her words as the thought of it ran amok inside her head and Hailey's loose-fitting shirt did not help ease it; she can see the cleave of her chest and could quantify how big they were just from looking. Even the slight peep of her black bra strap did not help either.

"No flirting on the table," Cecilia spoke without looking at them; her eyes locked on the book. "Eat your food, or else I'll eat it."

Gazing away, Katherine resumed her meal and tried her best to ignore Hailey as much as she tried to banish her ill-wanted thoughts. Why did she have to tease me so? she wondered as the thought of Ori's lips once again invaded her mind, but no longer stopped in that moment and ventured further to consuming her.

There was no denying the want she felt as fire coursed through her veins and begged her to commit to what her mind played; her skin burnt at the thought of just undressing Ori, but she knew that it will not be doused by a simple strip. She wanted more and everything there was, but at the same time she wanted to hold back, not really feeling up to doing such incredulous tasks.

Observing silently, Hailey shot a few glances at Katherine as she tried her best to ignore her sense; there was an anger inside her that wanted to be lashed out on the wolf beside her. Why she was angry was another question as much as what was she angry about anyway. Katherine had done nothing to upset her physically but her sense seemed to burn out just by being beside her.

"I'm going out for minute," Cecilia announced and caught both their attention, then watched her hop off the stool to approach the door, "I'll be back before the next hour," she told them as she adjusted her long, red, leather jacket, "If I'm late, then take just take out your book and flip to 69."

"Where are you off to?" Katherine queried as she felt a little nervous being alone with Hailey, especially after their playful banter.

"The library," she replied as she opened the door without even touching it, "I need to walk by the infirmary too," she told her as she took a step outside the apartment, "For your wheelchair."

The door slowly slammed shut and left the two teens alone. Katherine could no longer catch a whiff of Cecilia's scent and knew that she used a chant; she did not expect her to since she knew that she was not fond of using her chants if not for something. The idea alone of her laziness as an excuse to use her chants was not really a model other mages should adapt from her – not exactly the best role model figure.

There was silence in the room. Katherine kept to herself, but could feel Hailey's stare from time to time; she would admit that she was tempted to turn, but felt the regret come the second she decided to. It conflicted her, not because she does not want to look at her friend, but because of the fire inside her that would burn just looking at her.

There was no denying it; she was under heat. Katherine knew about this from what Athena's father – her uncle – told her before, the stages Athena had gone through when she first turned into her full werewolf. First, Anger would often come even before her transformation into full – regret, self-pity, and rage came with the package.

Everyone goes through it, Kathie, even your master must have at some point.

A sigh escaped her lips as she shook her head at the recollection; the memory alone peeved her at what came next. Shaking her head, she tried to sweep the thought away as much as she tried to divert her attention by focusing on how delicious the meat was; she was wondering if it was braised pork over curry rice or beef curry alone.