Chapter 16

*Dallas POV*

"Dad you're up and walking" I hugged him and he examined me.

"Dallas my my you look good my boy" He ran his fingers across my suit jacket.

"Dad what how" I couldn't get my questions out.

"The medicine must've did its job" he smiled and we all walked in. I can't believe this is the same man who just last week was on deaths doorstep. Now he's walking and talking.

"Dallas is this beautiful lady your girlfriend" He walked over and kissed Beauty on the cheek.

"Actually Dad she's my fiancé and these are our kids" I ushered Diva closer to my dad and I took Ayden from Beauty.

"You had babies and grandma didn't know" my grandma walked in the living room and hit me with a wooden spoon

"I know I ought to be ashamed " I rubbed my ass. She hit me hard too.

"Awh lawd you marrying a Davis girl" my grandma walked over and hugged Beauty. How does grandma know that I didn't tell her.

"Hey Mrs. Beverly" Beauty smiled. How does she know my grandma.

"Dallas I didn't know you were seeing Nani"

"Who's Nani" I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at my grandma like she was talking crazy talk. I think her mind is playing tricks on her.

"Nani is beautiful in Hawaiian" Beauty smiled at my grandma.

"You know Hawaiian" I looked at my grandma

"I met your grandmother in Hawaii. She was visiting Hawaii and I was spending the summer with my grandparents. Mom sent me,Natalie, Nico there to learn our heritage. Your grandma had gotten lost and asked for directions but instead my aunt talked her right up to the point of a friendship." Beauty was telling me the story of how she met my grandma.

"That means you're the little Hawaiian girl my grandma has on her dresser. I remember looking at that girl and thinking wow she's beautiful." I smiled and went to get her the picture.

"Wow. I was 10 in this picture I remember when it was taken. My aunt wanted to remember her new friend." Beauty smiled at the picture.

"Then that means I've been staring at a picture of you" I looked at her. She looks so different from the picture. She was a little chunky thing when she was little. I'm guessing puberty did something to her. But diva looks just like her

"Love works in mysterious ways" she kissed me.

"I remember when your aunt beat all three of yall" my grandma brought up over dinner. We're having a old fashioned grandma made countryfied soul food dinner.

"We had went surfing with some neighborhood kids but we didn't tell auntie so when we got back she was sitting on the porch with a piece of bamboo." Beauty laughed.

"She beat yall with bamboo" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nico still has scars" she laughed harder.

"Do they still live in Hawaii"

"My uncle does but my aunt passed away" Beauty sighed

"When we go we should visit him"

"Duh" she laughed and rolled her eyes. Why she always duhing me and rolling her eyes. So much attitude. We laughed and ate. Grandma told more stories about Hawaii. Beauty was practically raised there. I noticed it was getting dark so I decided to call it a night. We kissed my grandma good night and I told my dad I'd be checking on him more often. When we got in the car the kids were knocked out. Beauty looked like she was drifting.