“So, what time do you want to leave?” he asked me, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

                I shrugged. “I just have to run downstairs and throw some clothes on, then I’m ready to go,” I said.

                “Alright. Meet me in the living room when you’re ready,” he said, getting up and putting our plates in the sink.

                I went downstairs and brushed my teeth and hair. I threw on some clothes and checked my reflection. I tucked my iPod into my butt pocket, wrapping my earphones around my neck. I put my cell phone in my pocket and left my bedroom, heading up to the living room.

                Colin stood up, swinging the keys around his finger. “Ready to go?”

                I nodded and gestured to my neatly dressed self. “Obviously.”

                Colin rolled his eyes at me. “Shut up. Mom! Dad! Collie and I are going out together for a little!” he called.

                Dad came out of his bedroom and shook his head at us. “Absolutely not. Collie, you’re not going anywhere. You’re still in trouble for sneaking out,” he said sternly.

                “Dad, he’ll be with me all day. I’ll keep an eye on him,” Colin said.

                “I don’t care Colin. Collie’s not going anywhere and that’s final,” dad said, crossing his arms and glaring at us.

                “Dad, come on,” I said, frowning.

                “Come here Collie,” he said, gesturing me over.

                I followed him into his bedroom. He shut the door and spun to face me, glaring at me and forcing me to sit on his bed.

                “I told you to stay away from Colin. You’ve done enough damage to him, making the poor boy think he’s homosexual. You and that faggot Ant Andrews have screwed with Colin’s head enough. I don’t want him to start experimenting like you. So stay away from him until your mother and I make him see reason about this,” he said simply.

                I stared at him, my eyes going wide. “Are you seriously telling me to stay away from Colin? From my own twin brother? Hell, that’ll hurt him more than it’ll hurt me and you know it,” I said.

                I felt myself starting to panic a little on the inside. Colin relied heavily on me. And if mom and dad kept me away from him and tried to convince him that homosexuality was wrong, god only knows what it would do to his mental and emotional state.

                “It’s just for a little bit Collie,” he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. “We’re trying to watch out for both of you. We’re trying to protect you. Homosexuality is wrong. It’s disgusting. And we don’t want you two to start experimenting with it, or lose yourselves to the thought that you are faggots. You two aren’t faggots. Anthony Andrews is a faggot. My sons aren’t.”

                “No. Anthony Andrews is a good guy who would take a bullet for the people he loves. He would never say a bad word about anyone. He accepts people for who they are. So if you think that someone like that is disgusting, then I hope to god you rethink your opinions,” I snarled, standing up and storming out of his bedroom.

                I went out to the living room and grabbed Colin’s hand. I pulled him out of the house, ignoring dad as he screamed for me to come back.