Katherine rested her head on the bar counter and let out a tired sigh; she still has not been able to control her legs, which frustrated her deeply. She wanted to walk on her own and having Hailey or Cecilia carry her from place to place did not quite appeal to her; she did not like being so helpless that she needed them just to use the toilet.

"I'm getting hungry," Hailey spoke as she stretched her arms up, "You need anything, wolfie?"

Katherine huffed, "Please stop calling me that."

"But I like calling you that," Hailey frowned a little as she poked the blonde's cheek, "But really, do you need something?"

Katherine turned to her and met her dark amber eyes, then took her features in; her blue hair tied into a ponytail that revealed much of her long neck, but hid much of forehead – the fringe almost covered her eyes if not brushed properly.

Staring at her dark amber eyes, she could swear she faintly smelt cinnamon roam the air and could somehow taste chocolate graze her tongue. Am I hungry? Katherine wondered as she swallowed a gulp of her saliva before she licked her dry lips.

Pulling her finger away, she caressed the blonde's cheek involuntarily as she recalled how she told her not to question their bond. It made her wonder what kind of bond it was, knowing full well that they were not more than close acquaintances.

"What are you doing, fae?" Katherine questioned as she reared her head from the counter and gently swatted Hailey's hand away.

Hailey shook her head, "Nothing, sorry."

Raising a brow, Katherine observed her and noted the passiveness in her eyes – something she was unfamiliar with from her. Often she saw her with either irritancy, playfulness or even just pure joy, but now, none of those were in her and made her wonder what went into her head; she smelt the air and found nothing suspicious or worth mentioning in the air, other than the smell of burnt tobacco from Jesslyn's room.

"How well do you know Jesslyn?" Hailey spoke out of curiosity as she noted the soft gaze in Katherine's grey eyes that told her that she was examining her. "When did you guys meet?"

Katherine plopped an elbow on the counter and leant her cheek on her knuckles, "Almost three years ago, I guess."

"How was she back then?" Hailey inquired as she crossed her legs and plopped her elbow on her knee for her to rest her chin on her knuckles as if to observe Katherine, like a reporter getting a big scoop from a nearby witness.

Katherine hummed as she squinted her eyes as if to recall, "She was carefree and serious at the same time."

"I see," Hailey noted as she raised a brow, "Was she already engaged back then?"

Katherine shook her head, "She was still a little promiscuous back then," she sighed at the memory, "She often came back to the mansion with a different woman every month," she frowned, "And I had to make sure to keep the room in check."

"I thought so," Hailey hummed as she crossed her legs, left over the right, "What do you mean you keep the room in check?"

Katherine cleared her throat and steered her eyes away, "I was a uh, servant back then."

"Oh," Hailey replied in a low voice as she uncrossed her leg, "So, you can cook?"

Katherine shrugged, "I guess."

"Will you cook something for me?" Hailey smirked in an attempt to clear her thoughts about her past – something she could sense that Katherine felt uncomfortable to talk about.