CHAPTER 39

Amethyst's P.O.V

"Mum!" I screeched, as the flames burst.
I was being dragged further away from the restaurant, the bright flames becoming more blurry in my vision. The arms that were pulling my feet were very rough and strong, signalling it was a guy. I clawed at the ground and kicked my legs, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Let me go!" I screamed. "Someone needs to help my mother!" I sobbed. The guy stopped moving, but still held onto my legs.

He flipped me around, as I struggled in his arms. He now towered over me. I couldn't see his face due to the moonlight position. I heard him gasp when he let go of my feet. I took this opportunity to run back towards the restaurant but the man was too fast. He was in front of me, flipping me over his shoulder and running into the woods. I pounded at his back, tears falling from my eyes.

"Let me go!" I screamed. My throat hurt and felt like it was bleeding, from all the yelling and crying.

What's going to happen to Mum? Has someone saved her yet?

The strong arms settled on my waist and propped me onto the ground. I hit his chest as hard as I could and tried to get out of his grip but it did no good. I looked up at him and felt my heart melt when I saw those ocean blue eyes.

The whole world stopped. Mate. This is my mate.

Nothing mattered except him. I don't know how long we looked at each other, before I heard an explosion that disturbed my thoughts. Not knowing what to do, I raised my foot from the ground and lead my knee, hard into his crotch. Pain filled his beautiful eyes and he swore out loud. His body fell to the ground as he held his crotch. I didn't think twice before running back to the direction of the restaurant.

----

I woke up in fright when I felt strong hands shaking me. Nate saw that I was awake. He looked concerned.

"Are you okay? You were saying my name." He hovered above me, knees on the bed. I looked around. My bed side lamp was the only source of light. I was sprawled amongst the sheets. "I had a dream... A memory." I told him. He clenched his jaw.

"What did you see?" He sat down. I hadn't realised till now that he was only in boxers. My eyes slowly raked his body. His ever so toned, and beautiful body. My eyes met his when I heard him let out a chuckle.

"I saw you dragging me into the woods." I blurted out. His face went serious.

I bit my bottom lip. "And I saw me kicking your dick," I giggled. His eyes widened.

"I forgot about that.." His voice grew quite. I laughed. "I can't believe that was my first action to you after I knew you were my mate. I kicked you were the sun don't shine!" I bursted into a fit of laughter. He ran his hands through his silky, black hair. I laughed even harder.

"Be quite. You'll wake up your dad." He blushed. I shook my head, laughing.

"You know, it really turns me on when you say we are mates." He said huskily.

"Why?" I snorted. He shrugged. "I've never heard you say it before this." He came closer to me. I felt my breath hitch in my throat. He looked like he was a predator, ready to pounce on his prey.

I backed away in the bed, until my back hit the head board. He crawled above me, placing his hands on both sides of me, trapping me in his body cage. My breathing suddenly grew heavier.

His face was so close to mine. His eyes didn't leave mine. This is so intense. It was so quite, I could hear the crickets outside my window.