CHAPTER 33

Amethyst's P.O.V

I ran to the bathroom, blood making small pats against wooden floor on the way.

I opened the shower and got in, fully clothed. I sat on the floor while the water drenched me. The blood mixed with the water and went down the drain. I sit there, no emotions and no thoughts. I actually, for the first time in what seems to be forever, did not have a thought in my mind.

Next day.

Nathan's P.O.V

I closed my locker after putting my bag in and leant against it, waiting for everyone to get here.

I saw Cassie make her way to me, waving enthusiastically. I chuckled. "Hey!" She greeted when she neared me.

"How's it going?" I asked, smiling.

"Good. I've been texting Amy all morning. Have you heard from her?" She asked.

"Not since yesterday." I told her.

"Nothing new, her not answering the phone." She laughed.

Johnny made his way over and we both greeted him. The bell went and Amy was still not in sight.
She is usually here by now. We all went to home group.

Hopefully she shows up soon.

We all sat in home group, now. The teacher marked the roll and told Gabby to come up and make an announcement.

"Alright everyone," she smiled her fake smile, "We will be doing a fundraiser to raise money for those who can't be here like we are." She said, trying to sound caring.

"There are so many kids in Africa who can't go to school like we can-" she was cut off when the door opened and Amy walked in.

She looked tired. She wore black leggings and a black hoodie, while her hair was in a bun and out of her face, showing her bloodshot eyes and flushed face. She looked as if she has been crying.

She put her late pass on the desk and took her seat. I looked at Cassie who was already looking at me with a look that said she was thinking what I was thinking.

Gabby rolled her eyes and continued.

"It would be a great help if you all contributed. Just buy a cupcake! Who doesn't like cupcakes?" She giggled. The bell rang and she stood at the door and handed flyers out to those who exited.

Cassie, Johnny and I went out after getting the flyers and waited for Amy. After she came out with her flyer, she saw us.

Our eyes met and I couldn't take the suspense any longer. I couldn't continue to see her sad.

I walked up to her and cupped her face. I slowly moved in and brushed my lips against hers, then kissed her.

I kissed her as if no one was watching. Long, full of passion and love.

After, we both moved back and she didn't make eye contact with me. People were walking in the halls, making their way to class. Cassie and Johnny were still there but I gave them a look sending them off.

It was now just us two in the halls.

"Amy, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"I... I don't think I can do this." She said quietly, not looking at me. My breath caught in my throat and my heart stopped.

"You can't do what?" I asked her. I touched her chin and forced her to look at me. She had tears in her eyes and I knew she was doing everything so she would not to cry. She looked at me sadly, but the soft look in her eyes changed immediately and almost looked forced, into anger.

"I can't do this." She snapped. I was so confused.

"What are you talking about?" I put my hands on her waist but she took a step back.

"Nathan, I don't want us to be... us." She lied. I knew when she's lying.

"And why's that?" I asked casually.

"Because I don't want to! I shouldn't have to provide any other explanation because that's the reason! I don't want to." She said coldly. That made me angry.

"You can't do that." I said quietly.

"Sorry?" She asked,

"You can't do that. You can't say you don't want us to be together after everything. After all the love we have shared and everything we have been through. So no, that's not a good enough explanation." I crossed my arms.

She just stared at me.

"And you know what, Amy?" I took a step closer to her, " I know that when you are upset, you let it out with anger. You don't show weakness because you hate that more than anything. People seeing you weak. You've had enough, haven't you?" I stepped closer. She looked at my chest, avoiding eye contact.

"Talk to me, Amethyst." I pulled her in for a hug. "Talk to me," I whispered.

-----