CHAPTER 30

Nathan's P.O.V

The drive to my house was silent. I could feel the tension in the air. It wasn't a long drive from her house to mine, but it felt like it. I decided to break the silence.

"At least you don't have to go out tonight," I joked and instantly regretted saying it.

There's a reason she didn't go out, dickhead!

"Stop trying to distract me from what can't be avoided," she mumbled, looking out the window.

"And what's that?" I asked.

After a moment of thinking she replied, "that my dad is going on a date. Will probably go on a few more. He will fall in love and so will she." She paused.

"They will get engaged and then married. Then, I will have a cop as a step mother, who will try to be nice and replace my dead mother." She said coldly.

I honestly didn't know what to say. I don't want to say the wrong thing.

"You don't know that will happen for sure," I tried to explain.

"Okay, maybe it won't." She shrugged. Phew.

"But." She went on. Shit.

"When my brother hears about him getting caught by the cops because of aggression, he is bound to do something," she mumbled.

"Jax already hates him. I thought maybe that would change, but these kind of things won't get us anywhere," she said quietly.

I pulled into my drive way and and looked at her. She looked tired. Very tired.

"Amethyst," I tried to get her attention. She looked at me, with lazy eyes.

"Try not to stress about it. No one wants you back at the hospital."

She nodded and got out of the car. I followed her to the door and unlocked it. I could hear my Uncle Sam singing along to Livin' on a prayer by Bon Jovi as we entered the house.

"Nathan! Back already from the date?" His voice became clearer as he came into view.

His eyes landed on Amy, when he crossed his arms.

"Or have you brought it back here?" He said quietly.

"We are tired and just want to watch a movie in my room. Is that okay, Uncle?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"It's Sunday tomorrow. I still expect you both at work."

"Of course," I nodded. Amy just stayed quite and looked at the floor.

"We will be in my room." I said to him and took Amy there.

Once I closed the door, she took off her shoes and hoodie, leaving her in a see through singlet (she wore a black bra) and black leggings. She crawled into bed, under the covers.

I rushed into my wardrobe and took off my suit, replacing it with just my black boxers.

I went back into the room and got under the covers too.

She wasn't asleep yet. Her eyes were open and she was deep on thought. She looked sad. I hate seeing her like this. I hate seeing the spark in her beautiful eyes being taken over by dullness. I hate not being able to say anything to make her feel better. I want to be the one who helps her, but I can't. Why can't I be that person?

That's a stupid question.

I love her. More than anything. But that doesn't change what I did.

What's she going to do when she finds out?

I don't even want to think about it.

I turned off the lights and pulled her closer to me, so her back was against my chest. I kissed her neck.

"Goodnight," I whispered in her ear. She shivered at my touch. She turned around in my arms and got on top of me. Her hair was covering her beautiful face so I tucked it behind her ears. She slowly bent down and kissed me on the lips.

Our lips moved in a sweet motion. Her hands crawled ou my chest and rested there. I gripped her lightly on her love handles.

She broke the kiss and laid her forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this," she whispered.

What?

"Don't say that. I love you. I want to see you happy and if you aren't, it's my job it help you. This is me helping you." I told her.

She looked at me with those amazing emerald eyes, the spark coming back. I smiled.

"I don't think anyone has made me feel this much emotion since my mum," she said softly.

I rose up and kissed her on the lips again. She deepened the kiss by tiling her head slightly. I slid my tongue across her lower lip, asking for entrance which granted straight away by opening her mouth.

I explored her mouth. Every time we kissed it felt as if it were the first time.

I could feel my erection being formed. How does she do this to me?

She must have felt the erection poking her, because she broke the kiss and looked down at it.

I was about to tell her that we can just go to sleep if she wants but didn't get the chance, because she lifted her self up and placed herself back down onto my boner. My breath caught in my throat. I closed my eyes and let out a low moan.

She moved up and down, slowly. I opened my eyes to find her already looking at me, her yes filled with content and lust. I gripped her love handles harder. She moaned, slightly.

"I love you." I whispered. "I love you too." She said in an instant.