CHAPTER 24

Amy's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I turned it off and got out of bed. After finishing my shower, I towel dried my hair and put on my blue denim high waisted jeans paired with a black crop top, a flannel tied around my waist and black vans. I put my hair in a messy bun and applied so mascara and lip balm. I don't really put makeup on but I felt like it today. It wasn't as shitty as most morning so why not. I packed my backpack with books and my laptop. I hopped down the stairs and entered the kitchen. It was only 7:45am so I thought I'd make some breakfast.
After making bacon, eggs and toast and eating of course, I packed the rest for dad and Jax. Before leaving for school, I locked the door.

------

I walked through the school halls with my headphones in, listening to Runaway by Galantis, with occasional humming. People were looking at me, judging, but I didn't really care. I was in too good of a mood to give a shit. I saw Nate at his locker across the hall and winked at him. He looked surprised. He strolled over while girls looked at him. I mean, I wouldn't blame them. He was wearing a white shirt which showed outlines of his muscles and black jeans paired with white sneakers. His intense black hair was all over the place but oh how hot it looked. His blue eyes were sparkling with humour. "Hey sunshine," he smirked. I took out my headphones. "Hello handsome," I smiled, leaning my back against my locker. He came closer, "You're in a good mood," he said in a low voice. "Yup," I said pooping the 'P'. I could feel the stares of girls around us. I grabbed his head and pulled him in for a kiss. He seemed surprised at first but kissed me back while putting his hands around my waist while mine were around his neck. He tasted like toothpaste and blueberries. mmmm.
I left his lips and looked into his eyes. They were filled with lust. I could see the girls were shocked. "Amethyst Brown!!!!" I heard Cassie yell from down the hall. Nate let go of me and chuckled. "Here we go," I said quietly as she ran over. "Now what have I told you about kissing boys at school!" She said, putting her hands in her hips.
"Nothing," I laughed.
She thought about it for a moment and then replied, "Oh true," she said sounding defeated. "So it's official, huh?" She smiled widely. Nate and I looked at each other and the next thing I know is he held my hand. "Yeah," Nate said softly, not taking his eyes off mine. The way he looked at me made me bubble all over. I cleared my throat and said, "I'll see you in class, Cassie."
"Behave," she laughed at us and walked away.
"Do you think you can come to my place after school?" Nate asked.
"I have work," I reminded him.
"Oh yeah. Can you come after that?" He asked, putting his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.
"Sam won't be home," he whispered huskily in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I came closer to his ear, making sure my lips were touching his skin when I spoke, "I'll see,"
I could feel him shudder as my breath touched his skin. It took me a moment to realise that we were still in school and I took a step back from him, unwillingly, but I hated seeing people get all touchy in the halls, and I'm doing it now. I'm such a hypocrite.
"I'll see you later," I said and went to class.
The day went quite fast. Recess and lunch were a lot of fun. Cassie, Nate, Johnny and I all laughed and talked. It was a really good day.
It was now 3:10 and I was packing all my books into my bag. I shut my locker and Gabby was standing behind it. I jumped in surprise. "Gabby! What the hell?" I panted. "So you and Nate are actually a thing?" She snorted. I laughed. "One would think someone of such 'high status' wouldn't waste their precious time on shit like this,"
"Listen up, Fat Amy." she growled. "Nate deserves someone hot. Someone who can show him a good time. Not an ugly, dumb, stupid piece of shit like you," she spat. I arched a brow. Nothing she said got to me. I honestly didn't give a shit. "I'm guessing that someone is you?" I said in a bored tone.
She smiled.
"Nice chat, Fat Amy."
I scrunched up my nose and held my thumbs up to her, "Very," I nodded, sarcastically.
She rolled her eyes and walked away.
I'm so used it her stupid verbal abuse, that it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I just ignore. I'm not going to let that bitch ruin my day.
I went outside to find everyone waiting for me. "Ready?" Cassie asked. I nodded.
Cassie and I both had 4 hour shifts today at the Valentine Cafe. Johnny and Nate decided that they'd have a coffee and wait for us. We all walked to the Cafe.
Nate held my hand and Johnny held Cassie's. "We should all go out for a double date or something," Johnny suggested. "Yeah! When are you both free?" Cassie asked us.
"Saturday night?" Nate asked me.
"I have work but I'll be free after 8." I told them.
"Okay, so want to meet up at Diggers around 8:30?" Cassie asked.
"Yeah." I said.
"Sounds good," both boys nodded.
"Yaaaaaay!!" Cassie squealed. We all laughed.
Today has been perfect. Absolutely perfect. I smiled to my self and leaned into Nate's shoulder.