CHAPTER 7

Amethyst's P.O.V

I woke up this morning with a horrible headache. I slept well, though. I haven't had a decent good night sleep in a while.
I made my way to the bathroom which Jax and I both share.

I peeled off the clothes in which I went to school, worked and cried in yesterday and stepped into the shower. I turned on the hot water and let it soak me.

I stood there and closed my eyes, unwillingly letting memories flash back.
Jaxon
Mum
Dad
Fire
Crying

I opened my eyes and turned off the tap. I stepped out and wrapped my body in a towel. I stood in front of the mirror now.
I moved closer and closer. Until my forehead was touching the mirror. I looked my self in the eye.

"Get. Over. It." I told my self.
I made my way out if the bathroom back it my room and opened my wardrobe. I picked out a black long sleeve shirt tucked into black high waisted jeans and white sneakers.

I went back to the bathroom and brushed my hair, I left it down today. I brushed my teeth and then rummaged through the second draw trying to find a lip balm. When I found it I packed my school bag and made my way to Jaxon's room.
I banged on the door.

"We are leaving!" I yelled. Bit to show attitude, but because he is a heavy sleeper and if I want it wake him up, it has it be loud and annoying.
"Up, up, up, up, up!" I repeated.

The door opened quickly and there stood a half asleep Jax with trousers, a top, bare feet and a frown growing bigger on his face.
"Thanks sis," he groaned.

I winked at him and made my way downstairs. When I passed the living room, I saw dad on the coach, asleep. He was snoring away.
There were beer bottles everywhere. I picked the blanket that was in the floor beside him and laid it over him.

I turned around to find Jax glaring at him. What's wrong with him? Why is he always angry when the situation involves dad? Gosh dude. Calm.
I shook my head and walked into the kitchen to get a muesli bar for breakfast and then back to the living room where I found Jax putting in his shoes.

"Ready?" I asked.
He nodded. We left the house and entered his car. He drove to school and that's when I realised what has happened the night before. It felt like an awful dream. It was distant yet I remember every moment of it.

"Um.. Jax?,"
"Hmm?" He replied, not taking his eyes off the road,
"Uh.. Thanks.. For last night. You really helped me."
He didn't say anything. He just kept driving.

After a couple of minutes he smiled and said, "you're my baby sister, Amy. You don't need to thank me for taking care if you. It's my job."

"No. No it's not. I'm old enough to take care of my self. I'm old enough to understand things yet I just lost control. Thanks for helping me back up," I smiled at him.
"You can think you're growing up, Amy. You can think that you don't need me forever. But you do. You will. Because, you will always be my baby sister." he then looked at me, with a half smile. I smiled back.

We arrived at school and I gave him a quick hug and then got out of the car. I made my way through the entrance and then through the halls. I walked over to my locker and put in the code. It opened and I put in all my things and took out the books for my next subject. English. I personally love English. Its my best subject.

I don't know why I'm not so depressed after what happened last night. I usually get depressed for the smallest things that involve my mum, and yesterday was the biggest situation I've had to deal with, about her.
Yet, I'm fine. I feel normal and fine. Shouldn't I be happy? I am, I guess. I'm just... Surprised.