CHAPTER 22

Jax's P.O.V

Amy was let out 2 days after she was admitted. She was fussing to leave earlier but the doctors wanted to keep her in for observation. So here we are, back home.
We just pulled up in the drive way and got out of the car. I got her backpack and slung it over my shoulder. I tried to help her to the front door but insisted for me not to. "I'm fine, Jax." She said. I unlocked the door and we went in. Amy went straight to the lounge, as I predicted. Dad was awake. He saw us and got up. "Amy," He said sounding relieved. I looked over at Amy. She looked so hurt. Her eyes were full of tears. I felt anger flow through me. He can't do this to her. He can't pretend to care. "Just don't," she whispered. She looked down and I knew she was crying. My father looked hurt. I snorted. They both looked in my direction. I shrugged. Amy ran up stairs. "Amy!" I yelled after her. I turned to my dad. "Look, just stop. We know you don't care but it makes it easier for her to take in when you don't fake it." I spat. "I'm not faking it, Jaxon." He said in a normal tine. He sounded completely sober and didn't reek of his familiar alcohol scent.
"Just stay away," I warned.
"She is my daugh-"
"I'm going to stop you right there," I yelled.
"You can't just come in and say that you're her Father. You should have been there for everything. You should have been here for us for the past year. You can't just come now," I growled.
"Why not?" He asked. I didn't know what to say. Did he not hear a word I said?
"Why can't I get a second chance, Jax? Why can't you let me try again. I truly am sorry. I want to make the last year up to the both of you." He said sincerely.
I rolled my eyes.
"You say that now but tomorrow you'll probably be drinking again." I said crossing hands across my chest.
"We will see," he challenged. We started at each other, intensity filling the air, for God knows how long, before I spoke.
"I can never forgive you for what you did. you can try to make it up to Amy. you can try to get her back but just know," I said and took a step closer it him and whispered,
"You've already lost your son, and you're not getting him back." I took two steps back. He opened his mouth to speak but shut it. His eyes were filled with sadness and regret.
Like I give a shit.
"If she knew what you did, I don't think she would want to even look at you, let alone get close to you again." I growled.
"Son, you think you know what happened that night but-"
"Oh I know what happened that night!" I yelled. "And don't dare deny it," I said a little bit lower. I left the living room and went up to my room, leaving my father alone like he did to us for the last year.

.........

Amy's P.O.V

After running up to my room, I cried. I have cried so much the past week and I hate it. Why do you have it be so weak?
It's not like you actually expected him it come.
I got up and went to lay in my bed. as I closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to wash over me, I heard yelling from down stairs. It sounded like Jax. I got up and slowly made my way to the stairs. When I reached the first board I sat on it, looking down the stairs, I couldn't see them, but I could hear them very well.
"You can't just come in and say that you're her Father. You should have been there for everything. You should have been here for us for the past year. You can't just come now," Nate growled.
"Why not?" Dad asked.
"Why can't I get a second chance, Jax? Why can't you let me try again. I truly am sorry. I want to make the last year up to the both of you." He said sincerely.
Silence.
"You say that now but tomorrow you'll probably be drinking again." Jax said.
"We will see," Dad said in a challenging voice. There was silence for a good 5 minutes until Jax spoke again.
"I can never forgive you for what you did. You can try to make it up to Amy. You can try to get her back but just know," he said and whispered something but I couldn't quite make it out.
Dad didn't say anything.
What is Jax taking about? What did dad do that I don't know about?
"If she knew what you did, I don't think she would want to even look at you, let alone get close to you again." Jax growled.
"Son, you think you know what happened that night but-"
"Oh I know what happened that night!" Jax yelled, making me jump. "And don't dare deny it," he said in a low voice which sent shivers down my spine. I heard him making his way to the status so I quickly got up and ran to my room, but stopped. I'm not afraid if him. I'm not going to run away. I'm done being the weak one. I stood up and crossed my arms across my chest. He was looking at his feet while walking up the stairs but must have saw my shadow, because his head whipped right up.
"What," I growled, "was that about?"