CHAPTER 6

Jax's P.O.V

I cupped her cheek. She is a carbon copy of mum. Amy is like the small part that mum left behind for us to remember her.
Amy doesn't only take her looks, but her personality too.

If it weren't for Amy, I'd be long gone. I don't care for my stupid Father. Stuff him. He doesn't care for us anymore. Amy doesn't know the whole story...
She doesn't know what happened before that fire.

Just as I was about to say something, Amy shook my hand off and ran out of the car into the house, leaving me in the car. I looked down at my hand that was placed on cheek. There were tears on it.
Crap.
The last thing I wanted was to make her cry. I hate when she cries.

I got my back pack and got out if the car, locking it. I made my way through the house door. I pass the living room where dad is snoring in the chair with numerous beer bottles beside him on the floor.
Alcoholic peace of shi-
CRASH.
I heard a loud crash come from upstairs. It was so loud the old man woke up too, looking puzzled. I immediately dropped my back pack and ran up the stairs, taking 2 steps at a time.

I pushed through Amy's door and stood still at the door frame when I saw her curled up in a ball on the floor, sobbing.
I fell to my knees beside her, and pulled her close to me.

"Shh. I'm here. It's okay. Amy-"
"I-I can't. Why did it have to be her. W-why?." She said in a shaky voice with her head in my chest.
"Shhh. It's okay," I tried to sooth her, I tried to comfort her, but I doubt it's helping.
"No.. No you don't understand, Jax," she said pulling away from my chest a looking into my eyes,
"I need her. I need to talk to her about my life. I need to talk it her about boys. I need to talk to her about school. I need to talk to her like a daughter talks to the mothers," she explained.

Her beautiful, bright green eyes where puffy and red. Tears were smeared all over her face and her expression could make anyone break into two.
"I know. I'm not going to say sorry" I told her.
She just looked at me.

I cupped her cheek, "I'm not going to say sorry because our family has heard enough if that. Instead, I'm going to say I am so. Bloody. Proud. Of. You,"
She looked puzzled.
"I am so proud that I have a smart, beautiful, strong and big hearted baby sister like you,"
She smiled and I smiled back.

"What's wrong?" Dad was standing at the door frame, looking down at us with a confused expression. He was drunk. I could smell the liquor off him from even this distance.

I gave him a death stare and his eyes widened.
I don't want him around my sister. We are in the mess because of him. It's his fault... It's all his fault.

"Go away." I simply told him, but I could hear the coldness in my own voice,
"Boy, I deserve to know what goes on in MY house with MY children," he said with his voice rising.
"You deserve nothing," I said coldly. I shared at each other. Intensity an detention filled in our gaze.

He then got the point. He knows why I hate him so much. First, for what he did. And second, because he is sitting on his ass all day, doing absolutely nothing, while his daughter and son are working hard. He doesn't deserve anything.
He looked at Amy and then back at me and then turned around a made his way down stairs cursing.

"What was that all about?" Amy asked, sniffling,
"Nothing. Nothing at all," I assured her, turning back it face her,
"Come on, go to sleep. It's late, and you have school tomorrow," I said leading her to her double bed.
I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight.

No, I'm not her dad.
But I'm her big brother. Our Father doesn't show interest.
She doesn't have a mum anymore and she might as well not have a dad. So I want to be there for her... Always and forever.