14. A Very Long Night

Start from the beginning

Once she reached the kitchen she plopped the clothes down on the island in front of Carter. It stunned him for a minute, making him move slightly backwards with a jolt.

"You can change into these," she gestured towards the clothes, and then crossed her arms. Carter stared at the clothes for a minute. It was almost as if he didn't know what to do with them; like he was seeing clothes for the first time. He slowly picked them up, folding them over his arm.

"Unless, you want to stay in your wet ones, but I couldn't see why you would want to do that." Jasmine restated what she had meant. Carter nodded as he pushed himself off of the stool.

"These are your dad's?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Carter was being very cautious, like he wasn't sure whether or not he should be allowed to wear such items.

"Yeah, but old ones he put in our give-or-sell bin. So you're fine to wear them. The bathroom's just down the left hall, then to your left before you hit the office at the end." Jasmine explained, giving him directions in their ever-complicated house. Carter nodded again. 'Why's he being so quiet and careful?' Jasmine pondered as she watched him walk down the hall, find the bathroom and give her a small thumb's up, letting her know that he had found it. She took the seat where Carter had been sitting and picked out her camera from her bag that was on the island. She switched it on and flipped through the photos that she had taken that day. There weren't many, but they were all good. Except any picture that wasn't just a blurry blob of colour, Jasmine thought was good. But no, these photos were actually half decent. Many of Carter, a few landscapes, and when she came to the photos from the end of the day, she sighed. The dark landscape view from the Ferris wheel was incredible, even in photograph. It wasn't quite as breath-taking but it was still spectacular. She sighed; thinking back on the hours just before, turning off her camera and sticking it back in the bag. Then she spotted Carter's camera, she hadn't realized that he brought it in with him as well. 'Should I?' she asked herself, reaching her hand out to grasp the camera.

Suddenly a door creaked loudly. Jasmine whipped herself around to face the left hallway, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Carter was carrying the hoodie-sweatshirt from her dad's university, but he had tucked the baggy t-shirt into his jeans only slightly. It was just enough that Jasmine saw that he was wearing a thick, brown leather belt. He must've been wearing it before. She smirked as Carter walked, with almost a saunter. He got to the kitchen, swung the sweatshirt over one of his shoulders and turned on his heel. He walked back a bit the turned back around, stood right in front of Jasmine and posed. Jasmine clapped and laughed all at the same time. Despite his looks, Carter would not make a very good model. She laughed so hard that she nearly fell off the stool. Once she was done having her laughing fit, she applauded him again.

"Bravo, bravo!" She exclaimed through more bubble bursts of laughter.

"I believe it's Brava! Brava!" Carter altered, using an accent. "All model talk aside, what do you think?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets and looking down at his sock feet, then back towards Jasmine.

Jasmine slid off the stool so that she was closer to Carter. She pondered for a moment, but only that, she didn't need much time to decide how good he looked in her dad's old clothes. Though, the thought disturbed her that the jeans were the right size.

"You look pretty good," she smiled, looking up at him.

"And you don't look half so bad yourself." Carter grinned down on her cheekily. Jasmine mocked a gasp and lightly slapped Carter's shoulder, tossed her hair over her shoulder so that it went all in Carter's face. Then she went to the other side of the island. Jasmine put her elbow's down so that she was leaning on the counter, while Carter sat back down on the stool. Lightning cracked outside, illuminating the room that was already bright with the kitchen light on. The sound making Jasmine jump slightly as she wasn't prepared for it. Carter stifled a laugh and Jasmine gave him a slight glare.

"You hungry? We didn't really have any dinner, more like just a late lunch," Jasmine asked.

"Nah, I'm good. Those carnival foods will suffice enough for now." He replied. The both sighed in sync; it seemed they had hit a boring streak in conversation. It seemed that it was going to be a long night. A. Very. Long. Night.

A/N

Hey everyone! And how is everybody doing today? I'm great! You wanna know why??? It's because I posted two chapter in one week! Everybody say what???? Yep! I'm so happy, and I know this chapter is a lot shorter, but the next one will be longer again. This was more of just a filler chapter before I got to the next part in which I had planned for the story. 

Who has seen Twilight?

I just saw it for the first time yesterday! AHHH IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!  NOW I MUST READ THE BOOKS. 

Read, vote, comment, follow, & be happy for filler chapters!

-nessa