3. Get Down to Business

3. Get Down to Business 

            The next day, classes seemed to fly by, the day coming and going just as quickly. What was funny though was that Carter had actually made an effort to talk to her in math today, but then all the other classes were the same as usual.

"So I see you do sit beside me in math," Carter affirmed playfully, nudging Jasmine's arm gently and giving her a small flirtatious wink. She smirked and nodded as the teacher began the day's lecture on how important math was outside of school. How, 'oh, you use math in everyday life,' and what not. Even though it was the end of school, there was nothing else to go over, exams were starting tomorrow, the teachers still had to find some useless information to tell the students about on the last day. Even when the students are done, bored and most of them not bothering to come to class, they continue babbling aimlessly.

"Why the teachers like to repeat things they've told us over and over again, I don't know." Carter whispered, his mouth turning up at the corners into an adorable little smirk. Jasmine bit her lip, trying to stifle a laugh, while Carter watched, looking impressed with himself. She was surprised to see him still in class, that he wasn't off somewhere with his cronies.

Leaving math class slightly happier than usual, a tinge of excitement came over her for science class; because who actually gets excited over dissecting frogs and learning the periodic table of elements? No, her excitement came from the fact that math had been stellar, her hopes had been set high, and unfortunately they had been set a little too high. He didn't talk to her there, his eyes plastered to the front of the class, Jasmine sadly just staring at the back of his head. Carter just made her so confused, with his cute smiles one minute but then being all snotty and having nothing to do with her the next. Carter would talk to her fine in a class, but then the next be all cold and chilly. It's like he couldn't make up his mind. For example, at lunch, he went over, and of course sat with Dani and the other members of the popular crowd, but when he walked past her, he gave her a smile and nod before going stone faced and turning back to laugh with his friends. Pulling up a chair with Ashley, and her other friend, Emilia, her eyes lead her to staring at the side of his head since she sat directly across from where he had sat. It's not that she expected things to change overnight, but then again, she always did have high expectations. Though she just wanted to be friends and for him to act like she was an actual person, he continued as though she was just another thing in the school.

"Hey, Emile," Dani cooed. "You know Grace, I always though Emile was a boy's name," she turned to another blonde-haired girl; Grace, and laughed. They had stopped at Jasmine and her friends' table, on their way to throw what looked like most of their food in the garbage. Did those girls even eat?

"It's Emilia," she corrected them with a harsh glare.

"Whatever, Emile, Emilia, Amelia, Emmy, you still a nobody. A loser, a freak, oh and probably always will be," Dani retorted with a snotty eye roll and flick of her hair as she walked away, her high heels clicking. Emilia rushed to stand up, but Jasmine and Ashley quickly restrained her.

"Just let me hit her! Maybe then I'll knock some niceness into her pretty little head, and maybe I can fix that pretty perfectly ugly nose job too." Emilia struggled against their grasps as she tried to stand up. Finally giving up she let herself relax with a sigh and went back to eating lunch.

"They're not worth it."

Dani and Grace came back, walking towards their table, and Emilia got up without Ashley and Jasmine noticing. As they walked by they said something very nasty to Emilia then sat down, back at their table with Carter and some other guys. Jasmine's head whipped around, and you could literally see Emilia's blood boiling, but there was also a different emotion that flickered across her face; an almost worried and sadness passed through her emotions for a moment before she turned on her heel, and without running rushed out of the cafeteria.