2. Safe Haven

Dedicated to @sugarcubes4 for being a wonderful friend and supporting me in my writing! I know she's always there for me! So thank you so much Rose!

2. Safe Haven

            "It's like he doesn't even, ever, notice me!" Jasmine expressed, with arms moving around like a wild man. "No. Don't give me that look, I am not being ridiculous." Her temper was just about to burst like a bubble. She and Ashley were sitting in their favourite, small café after school. But unfortunately, they weren't alone. When they had arrived, somehow, some rather unwanted people from school seemed to have already been there. Though this wasn't their normal hangout, they came there once in a while. But why today? Jasmine was already stressed enough with this 'Carter Hayes is Ignorant as hell Project Problem' —or the CHIPP as Ashley had nick-named it. But now they were going to sit there being all giddy. Acting like life was perfect, though talking about all the problems they were having with their boyfriend or girlfriend and how the price of weed was way more than they should be paying, while she and Ashley tried to have an actual conversation.

"I wouldn't say that, he more or less just ignores the fact that you're there." Ashley emphasized.

"Oh great, thanks Ash, that's even better. My partner, for a project has ignored me all year, in all of his classes. Actually no. He denies my existence." Jasmine groaned and let her head drop to the table in a dramatic effect.

"What I meant to say was, maybe he just thinks he's 'too cool' to say he's actually noticed a pretty nerd girl." Ashley deduced, hoping that would sound better than her first attempt of reasoning. Jasmine just made a small grunting noise and didn't move her head from its place on the table.

Ashley sighed, and looked over towards the group of kids from her school at the nearby table.

"Why does she get so much attention?" She implored. "I mean honestly she's not even that pretty, so why do all the guys drool over her?" Jasmine brought her head up from the table and looked in the same direction. The girl that Ashley was referring to was Daniela Cortez. Miss Popular Princess, the Queen Bee of the school, head cheerleader, and most likely to be student body president next year, though she didn't deserve it because of the fact of how rude and arrogant she was to practically everyone else in the school. Dani seemed to always get her way and had her so called 'friends' followed her around like brainless puppy dogs. If Ashley and Jasmine sat there in what normal people would call expensive clothing, she sat there with a designer handbag.

"I don't know, because...guys are just messed up. Their testosterone levels see one thing and at the moment, it's choosing her. Well that and the fact that she is willing to drink and smoke as much as they want her to." She paused before moving back into their previous conversation. "I'd like to think you're right, or right to a degree and I'm wrong about him noticing me. But I'd also like to think that next year I'll get the art award, or maybe I have a shot at being valedictorian. I'd also like to think that I'll become a famous photographer or artist. But I honestly don't think many of those things will happen, along with the CHIPP going well." Continued Jasmine, going on a rant as she often did.

"Wow Jaz, you've gave that little speech a lot of thought, didn't you?" Asked Ashley with a small laugh, wondering how her best friend could go into such long winded stories and speeches with never really much purpose to them.

"Why thank you for noticing, and I've given this whole predicament a lot of thought too. I mean how Mr. Collins expects me to work with him and do a half-decent job. Plus complete this over the summer in which I'm sure he'll be with his own friends, I don't know." Replied Jasmine, exasperated.