10. Reliving Jupiter

Dedicated to @millie_, she is such a huge inspiration to me, her works are amazing!

10. Reliving Jupiter

Jasmine followed behind Carter, they had been walking down the trail for at least ten minutes now. She still had no idea where they were or where they were going, and how, wherever they were supposed to be going would have a place for good pictures that would get them a good mark on their project.

"Are we almost there?" Jasmine complained like a little child, this was the third time in the last two minutes.

"Oh stop it will you, you're worse than Camryn! But yeah, just another corner," Carter explained. Even though they hadn't walked very far, Jasmine's feet were sore. 

She normally wore sneakers to work, or even sandals if she was feeling it; especially because it was summer. But today she had to have been a bit fancier, wearing her most uncomfortable, tight, blister giving, pair of ballet flats. Her feet probably smelled like sweat, they were definitely slipping on the soles of her shoes. There were at two blisters per foot due to the sour feeling of stinging that was slowly growing the farther they walked.

Jasmine saw a dead end up ahead, so either left or right then they were there, or so Carter had said. But whether he was telling the truth or it was just to make her stop complaining, Jasmine had yet to figure out. The left side of the path led to a clearing and what looked like an old railway station and a railroad as well. 

Jasmine followed Carter to the left and could feel excitement bubbling up inside her. The whole place was picture perfect! Everywhere Jasmine looked was a better photo opportunity. Even though she wasn't sure how these pictures would yet relate to the criteria they were given, she didn't particularly care at the moment. All she knew was that this place was perfect. She peeled her ballet flats off her feet and sunk her toes into the grass. 

For a moment, everything was at peace; there were birds chirping and it actually sounded as though there was a river or small water fall somewhere nearby. Jasmine felt like a small child again, similar to when she and her mom used to go on hikes and take little breaks by a stream or clearing that they had found. She'd take off her shoes and do just this; sink her feet into the grass and wiggle her toes between the blades as though she's never felt it before. 

Jasmine stuffed her ballet flats into a pocket inside her bag, set it down and then ran to strangle Carter in a bear hug. Happiness had overcome Jasmine so much that she thought to do the unthinkable in the strange friendship that they had. Carter had walked a bit of ways ahead of Jasmine, as she had stopped to take in everything that surrounded her.

She flung herself forwards and wrapped both her arms and legs around Carter in a hug like a very large koala bear. The next thing that she heard was a popping and cracking noise that sounded like bones and then the wind getting knocked completely out of Carter.

"OOF!" he mumbled as he fell to the ground, bringing Jasmine down on top of him. They both were laughing as they're ribs collided, causing her ribs to hurt both from impact and laughter.

"Pinned you," Jasmine smiled sitting on Carter with her palms pressing into his back to keep him down. Then she remembered the scene from 'Lion King' where Nala pins Simba to the ground, and thought of how much this situation was exactly like that. But then Carter didn't move, or make any noises afterwards, causing Jasmine to immediately start to worry. He was still, it didn't even sound like he was breathing. Jasmine began to go into hyper-shock and freak out, is-this-person-alive-or-even-okay mode.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? You're not talking! It doesn't even feel like you're breathing. ARE YOU DEAD?! Did I kill you?! I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to do that-" Carter pushed Jasmine off himself and then pinned her to the ground.