"What are you thinking about?" Blake asks, still holding me against his chest and his face right next to mine. 

I sighed. 

"I'm just glad you're still here" I murmured. He seemed to understand what I was really saying. Maybe he thought about it often as well.

"Where else would I be?" he asked, his tone playful. Then before I could say anything, he unlocked his arms from my small figure and unexpectedly started tickling the sides of my stomach.

 I am the most ticklish person in the world, so I instantly let out a shriek and started trying to push him away, but he overpowered me any day. His fingers kept at it while I laughed at the annoyance. I will never understand how something I hate so much can make me laugh so hard that I end up breathless. 

"Stop! Stop, Blake. Please" I begged. He was laughing behind me but he wouldn't stop.

"Why? You're having so much fun" he mocked. 

I laughed harder and turned around to face him, but he didn't stop. I started punching at his chest but it did nothing.

"Oh my God, I can't breathe" I say trying to catch my breath.

This time Blake stops hesitantly, while we both try to stop laughing hysterically. 

"Oh, God. I. Hate. You. So. Much" I say between breaths. 

Blake grins widely and snorts.

"You wish you could" then he sticks his tongue out at me and I do the same. When he pretends that he's about to pinch my tongue with his fingers, a few knocks rattle my door.

I freeze and so does Blake.

"My dad's not home" I say, remembering he wouldn't be back in several days-- and that's the best case scenario. One time he went on a mission that was supposed to take a week. I didn't see him in two months.

"It's Nick" Blake says, his tone annoyed. I face palmed myself mentally; of course it was Nick, he was living under the same roof as me. 

"I wonder what he wants" I say softly, turning around to open the door. Blake stops me by grabbing my arm. I turn around to face him.

"What?" I ask.

"It's after midnight. What the hell is he doing knocking on your door?" he questions.

"I don't know. That's what I'm going to find out" I mumbled, yanking my arm from his grip. Blake's attitude towards Nick was beginning to exasperate me. The guy did nothing to him, so there was no need for him to feel so hostile towards Nick. 

When my hand is about to make contact with the door handle, Blake beats me to it and pulls the door open. Nick is standing right in front of us. He's staring at the floor and his eyes slowly travel upward. There's a moment of surprise when he sees Blake but he hides it just as quickly as it appeared. 

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys" Nick apologizes softly, ready to leave. My words stop him.

"You didn't. Blake was just saying goodnight. He's crashing on the couch tonight" I say quickly. Blake looks back at me and frowns. I ignore him and push him out of my room with a soft nudge. He looks back at me, still frowning.

"Goodnight Liz" Blake says.

"Goodnight Nick" he adds in a mumble, before disappearing down the hall. 

Both Nick and I murmur goodnight at him.

"So, what can I help you with?" I ask, once Blake it's out of earshot.