Chapter 45

Zayn POV

“You’re awake?” I ask, as I open my eyes to see Perrie lying their staring at the ceiling.

“Yep,” she says acting cagey, “I’m gonna have a shower then um, I need to go.”

I know something is going on but I don’t say anything as she walks over to the bathroom. Maybe she’s angry with me. I did get drunk last night. When I do, she says it doesn’t bother her but I’d be annoyed if I didn’t drink and someone else was drunk. I can’t really remember much about last night. Except dancing and drinking. I think Perrie brought me home but I really can’t remember. I can’t remember saying good-bye to the boys at all.

I get my phone out to text Harry.

‘did u get home alrite last night ? X’

I don’t have to wait long for a reply from Harry reading,

‘Yep. Why? You alright? X’

That’s weird, why would he ask if I was alright? I’m pretty sure we were both drunk. I can’t take the texting backwards and forwards so I give him a ring.

“Haz?” I ask as someone answers the phone.

“Hi”

“Why wouldn’t I be alright?”

“No, I was just wondering because it was a heavy night.”

“Oh, ok.”

“Is something wrong?”

“No. Just Perrie’s acting a bit strange.”

“Oh shit,” Harry says.

“What?” I ask, now confused as to Harry’s alarm.

“Nothing. It doesn’t matter. Just that you were drunk. Maybe you annoyed her,” he says but there is definitely something wrong. Harry’s a dreadful liar. Something was going on so why wasn’t he telling me?

-

“Perrie?” I call as I hear footsteps down the stairs. I see Perrie emerge carrying a little bag of some of her stuff. “Where are you going?”

“Just back to mine. Some of my stuff needs washing,” she says nervously.

“You can wash it here,” I suggest and she shrugs.

“Well I feel bad for never being home with Jade. She practically lives there on her own,” Perrie says.

“Well you need me to give you a ride?” I ask, holding my arm out to take her bag.

“No thanks. You’re not dressed so I called a taxi,” she says. I know she’s acting off but I’ll leave her too it. If something is wrong I don’t want to pressure her or control her, which went wrong last time.

“Ok,” I say and lean down to peck her cheek. “I love you, you know,” I tell her, trying to engage in eye contact.

“I know,” she says, avoiding eye contact and leaving the house.

As Perrie shuts behind her I walk back into the kitchen and lean on the counter. Something must be seriously wrong because she never acts this strange. Do I call Jade? Or Harry?

“Zayn?” Harry says as he answers the phone.

“Where are you bro? Can I come round?” I ask, I know he’s the person I need to talk to.

“I’m near to yours so I’ll be there in like 2 seconds,” Harry says and hangs up the phone.

He isn’t lying when he says he’s two seconds away because there is a knock at the door nearly immediately after I’ve put my phone back in my pocket.

“That was quick,” I say as I open the door to see Harry. For once he isn’t smiling.

“How come you called me over?” Harry says concerned as he’s stood in the doorway.

“You can come in. It’s about Perrie,” I say and Harry’s face turns pale.

“Uh, ok,” he says and walks in to stand in the hallway.

“Are you gonna tell me what’s going on?” I ask. He was too bad at hiding things.

“What are you talking about?” he says, trying to pretend that nothing’s up.

“You’re my best friend. Tell me what’s happening. Why are you acting weird? Why is Perrie acting weird?” I ask him as I lean against the wall in the hallway.

“I’m not acting weird. And how would I know if Perrie’s acting weird?” Harry counter argues. Now this is annoying. Why isn’t he telling me?

“You think I can’t tell when something is wrong with you? Tell me what’s wrong?” I ask again.

“I can’t. It’s not my business. You should ask someone else,” Harry says. Why would he even come round if he wasn’t going to be at all helpful?

“Who?”

“I don’t know. If Perrie’s acting weird then you should ask Perrie,” Harry advises.

“You’re acting weird, so I’m asking you.”

“Well you can’t. I can’t say anything. Just ask your girlfriend.”

“Why are you hiding stuff for her? You’re supposed to be my best friend. Why don’t you have my back?”

“It’s not for her, Zayn. Just speak to her.”

“Well, who’s it for then?” I ask but Harry doesn’t reply. “Liam?” I ask but no response. “Niall?” I ask and Harry’s face turns white again. “So what’s up with Niall?”

“Ask him. I said I couldn’t tell you. It’s not my place,” Harry says, looking down at how I’d managed to get so much out of him.

“Drive me round to his then,” I demand.

“What now?” Harry asks.

“Yes now,” I say and grab my coat and my keys from by the door.

“Well aren’t you gonna call him first?”

“No. Let’s go.”

-

As we pull up outside Niall’s house I quickly get out the car. I don’t know what I’m gonna say to him. I don’t even know what’s going on but this is getting annoying and confusing when Harry and Perrie are both hiding stuff. Niall better not be doing the same. Before I start walking towards the house I turn to Harry who is getting out of the car.

“What are you doing?” I ask him.

“I’m coming too,” he says, shutting his car door and walking round to my side.

“Why?”

“I’m not waiting for you out here. I’m not a taxi service,” Harry says.

“I wish you’d tell me first so I’m not taken by surprise. At least say if it’s something bad?” I ask.

“It could be bad. It has the potential to be bad. Just stay calm about it. Don’t get angry with him or me okay? Don’t lose your temper. He’s your best friend. Just remain calm,” Harry says but this just makes me worry. How bad is this?

I take a deep breath before I start walking towards the front door. I knock three times before a breath out slowly.

As the door opens it isn’t a blonde boy who is there to answer it but a blonde girl.

“Perrie?”

------------------------------------------------------------------

dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Please comment and vote :) 

Hope you're enjoing the story. :D