Chapter 39

Sunday 10th July

Zayn POV

“Zayn have you got everything ready for tonight?” Leigh-Anne asks through the phone.

“Yeh, I did it all yesterday. Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, Jesy said she didn’t like surprises or celebrating her birthday,” I ask. We’ve planned a surprise party for tonight. It is at Louis’ house because his is the biggest and is the best house for a party. I planned it all yesterday. I told Perrie I was going out with Danny and Ant but I was actually hiring the catering staff, the bartenders, the DJ and the photo booth. To be fair, Louis helped me out a lot because he is always throwing parties so he already has all the contacts.

“She’s gonna love it,” Leigh says, “She’ll be so excited to see her family and friends.”

“Ok. Well she’s gonna wake up in a minute so I better get her breakfast ready. I’ll make sure she gets to your house at about 4, ok?” I ask.

“Yeah, that’s great. See you tonight,” Leigh-Anne says and hangs up the phone.

I have to send Perrie to Leigh-Anne and Jesy’s house a bit early because I know I’ll give it all away if I spend too much time with her.

I walk into the kitchen and make Perrie’s breakfast. I lay the pancakes onto a plate in the middle of the table and get the necessary toppings out of the cupboard as Perrie comes into the room.

“Happy Birthday!” I shout as she spots the pancakes on the table.

“How did you know?” she asks as I place my hands on her waist.

“I have my sources,” I say and peck her lightly on the lips. “Anyway, dig in,” I tell her as I pull out the kitchen stool for her to sit down. “Oh and by the way, Leigh-Anne wants you to go round to hers so the girls can give you presents. So I’m dropping you round at 4,” I tell her, trying to make it seem casual.

“Ok,” Perrie says. She is too engrossed in her food to notice anything suspicious.

-

“Louis, is everything ready?” I ask as I enter his house after dropping Perrie off at Leigh’s.

“Pretty much,” he says, “We’re just waiting for the catering staff. What time are people coming?”

“8 and then Perrie and the girls at 9. Is that good?” I ask, really unaware of what an appropriate time was. I’m terrible at party planning.

“Yeah that’s great. The boys and El and Dani are coming at 7.30 for pre-drink,” Louis says as we make our way into the lounge. The lights that I put up yesterday are still perfectly in place and the DJ set is all laid out.

“I’m scared she won’t like it,” I confide in Louis.

“Why wouldn’t she?” Louis asks.

“She doesn’t really like surprises. And she doesn’t really celebrate her birthday that much,” I tell him.

“So you are throwing her a surprise birthday party?” Louis asks, making me realize it is probably a bad idea.

“Mhmm,” I mumble.

“She’ll love it bro. Don’t worry, we’ll make sure she has a good time,” Louis reassures me, placing a supportive hand on my arm. Changing the subject he asks, “So what’s going on with that psycho Abigail girl?”

“She’s in jail, thank god. And hopefully she will be for a long time. She’s dangerous,” I say, “Oh. That reminds me, I need to speak to Harry about something. Him and Perrie were acting really suspicious at the signing on Friday.”