Chapter 37

Zayn POV

As I lay in bed half asleep I contemplate what to get Perrie for her birthday. It is on Sunday and it is Friday today. We’re supposed to be going to Germany for a signing today but I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. Harry has been feeling really tired for the last couple of days since the break in. They still haven’t found the girl but they know who she is. The policeman said her name was Abigail and her parents have been informed but she is still missing. There are police constantly at the Perrie and Jade’s house. Paul is staying here too and has insisted that Harry doesn’t go home on his own.

“Zayn,” Paul says as he barges open the bedroom door. “You awake?”

“Yep, but shhh, Perrie is sleeping,” I say and try to slide out of the bed without Perrie waking.

“You still up for going to Germany today?” Paul whispers as I make my way over to stand in front of him.

“I am but are you sure?” I ask, worried for our safety.

“I think it’s best if you do get out of the country. We can’t stay in this house forever and you can’t let down the fans.”

“Is Harry ok to go?” I ask, remembering that Harry still isn’t at his full health.

“Yes, he should be fine,” Paul says. “And I’ve hired a few more bodyguards, just to be safe.”

“What about Perrie? I want body guards to stay with her while I’m gone,” I say, looking over at Perrie lying innocently in bed.

“She can come too. I want to keep an eye on all of you. And it’s only for a few hours. We can keep her hidden, no one will know she’s with us,” Paul says, dispelling any worries I may have had about Perrie joining us on a promotional visit.

“Ok. I’ll get her some clothes out. We’ll be down in a bit,” I tell Paul and he leaves the room, shutting the door lightly behind him. I walk over to Perrie’s wardrobe and start picking out some clothes, making sure to be extra quiet and not to wake her. She’s cranky in a morning and I don’t want to make it worse by waking her up. She always says that she is only ever happy after 12 o’clock and I shouldn’t speak to her before that. I need to wake her up gently.

Once I’m dressed I slide under the covers and next to Perrie so I’m hugging her from behind. I kiss behind her ear and her eyes slowly start to flutter open.

“Why are you dressed?” she whispers in a croaky voice.

“Gotta go to Germany today babe,” I say, trying to keep my voice soft and soothing.

“Urgh then just go. Why are you waking me?” she says grumpily and buries her head into her pillow.

“You’re coming to,” I say and place my hand on her shoulder.

“Really?” she says, bursting into life and turning round to face me.

“Yes, now lets get ready and go downstairs. People are waiting for you,” I tell her and slide out of the bed.

-

As we make our way onto the private jet, I pull Perrie into the seat in front of me.  Louis and Liam sit on the other side of the isle and Niall and Harry sit behind us. It feels weird always jetting around all the time because I’d never been on a plane before One Direction. But now I guess we fly so much that I’ve gotten used to it. I still need to clench Perrie’s hand for dear life as we set off, she laughs quietly when she notices how scared I am but I don’t care. I just don’t get it. I don’t get how the plane stays in the air and I don’t trust it. I’ve seen too many action movies that include plane crashes.