Chapter 6

After the show

Perrie POV

“Oh my god. I can’t believe it.” I say hugging Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne backstage. We’ve just got through to the semi finals and I can’t believe it! This is the best feeling ever!

“Perrie!” I hear Zayn call and I turn around and run to give him a big hug. “Well done, we knew you would do it.” He says as he lifts me into the air a little bit. He let me go but still has his hands gripped on my arms. I look up at him and we’re both so happy. He puts his forehead on my forehead and I close my eyes. Next thing I know his lips are on mine, kissing me passionately.

“Zayn. No. I can’t,” I whisper, pushing him away.

“I’m sorry,” he says, turning red.

“No, I’m sorry. It’s just-“

“Yeah, I know. You don’t fancy me.”

“No. No. It’s not that. It’s just… the girls. I need to focus on Little Mix right now.” I say, being completely honest.

“Ok, I get it. I’ll see you around Perrie,” he says as he walks away.

I can’t believe what just happened. Before I have time to understand I see my mum and brother out of the corner of my eye. The tears are coming after what I just said to Zayn but I wipe my eyes and walk over to my mum.

“Aww Perrie what happened?” My mum asks, wiping away the tears that I missed.

“Nothing,” I say, turning around to see Zayn looking over from talking to Liam. I turn back to my mum and Jonnie.

“What the hell did he do to you?” Jonnie says, rolling up his sleeves.

“Nothing Jonnie. It was me, not him. It’s all my fault.” I say. The tears are falling more heavily. My mum walks me out and into the toilets, leaving Jonnie to glare at Zayn.

Zayn POV

She’s just walked out crying and I know it’s my fault. I should probably go after her but I can see her brother staring at me. Now I bet her family hates me.

“Zayn you alright? You look kinda dazed,” Niall asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

“I’m fine Niall, don’t worry,” I say and I start to walk to the boys toilets.

“Oi Zayn,” I hear. Oh god it’s Jesy. I’m quite scared of her because she is so protective over the other girls. “Why is Perrie crying?” she asks me.

“Umm I sort of kissed her.”

“You did what?!” Jesy says, quite loudly so making Niall, Harry and Leigh-Anne come over. “You guys have got to stop messing with her. Niall I know it wasn’t your fault but that article made her really upset, and now Zayn you kissing her has made her confused and cry. You knew the situation, so why would you kiss her?” Jesy ranted, get louder and louder.

“Leave him alone, he is just as upset as she is,” Harry fought back, defending me as I stood there speechless.

“And don’t get me started with you Harry. You mess around our little Jadey and can’t even talk to her anymore,” Jesy says turning on Harry.

“It wasn’t me who ended it,” Harry says.

“Come on boys, lets go. We’re sorry Jesy and to Jade and Perrie as well, we’re sorry.” Niall says, handling the situation amazingly.

“Wait I wanna say bye to Perrie,” I say.

“I think you’ve done enough,” Jesy says and walks into the girls toilets where Perrie is. I turn around and head out the door with Niall and Harry. What Jesy said actually really got to me. I can’t believe I hurt Perrie like that. I needed to tell her I was sorry but I knew I wouldn’t see her for 2 weeks now.

Perrie POV

“Jesy, what the hell?” I say. “I heard every word of what you said to them. You had no right.”

“I’m sorry Perrie. I don’t know what came over me. I guess I was already angry at Harry for how he’s been ignoring Jade and when you were crying I got angry at Zayn as well. And I am really sorry for what I said to Niall. I shouldn’t have gotten angry with any of them,” Jesy says, looking down. I shouldn’t have gotten angry at her, she was only looking out for us, and that was cute.

“Don’t worry,” I say as I bring her into a hug.

Suddenly my phone pings in my pocket. I get it out and see it is a text from Zayn, “Hey Perrie, I’m on my way home now. I’m really sorry if I upset you and if you wanna talk call me at like 11pm.”

I know I need to call him. I don’t want him to feel bad. I want him to know why I was crying.

When we get back to the X Factor house at about 11:15 I call Zayn.

“Oh hi Perrie,” Zayn answers.

“Oh sorry am I calling at a bad time?”

“No it’s a great time. I just didn’t think you were going to call.”

“Yeah sorry it’s late we just got back.”

“It’s okay”

There is a long awkward silence before he says, “I’m sorry for upsetting you. I definitely didn’t mean to. I’m so stupid.”

“No. Zayn I called you back to tell you that you didn’t make me cry. I cried because I felt guilty because I thought I had upset you.”

“Don’t be silly. I was upset but not at you. I was upset at myself for being so stupid.”

“You weren’t stupid, it was cute,” I say giggling.

“Urgh stop it. I’m so embarrassed.”

We talk for about an hour about everything. We talk about Jade, Harry, X Factor our families and his tour. When it is nearly time for Zayn to go I say, “This is like a first date but over the phone.”

He laughs awkwardly and says, “Yeah I guess it is. Well when the X Factor series has finished, do you think you’d wanna go on a date with me? Like bowling or something?”

“Yeah that’d be cool,” I reply, I smile spreading on my face.

“Awesome, well I’ll see you in two weeks but we’ll text right?” He asks.

“Yeah of course. See ya Zayn,” I say.

“See ya Perrie,” he says and I hang up.

I head back into the house and Marcus, another contestant, says, “Perrie you’ve been out there hours, who were you talking to?”

“Haha. Zayn,” I say, smiling at the ground as I walk to my bedroom to finally get some sleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! hope you're enjoying it!

This will be the only update today as I have my AS mocks next week and I need to revise. 

I'm not sure what will happen next week but I'll try and update as much as possible.

Please keep voting and commenting :) Thank you x