Chapter 41

2 weeks later

Zayn POV

As I slowly wake up I’m still sore from night. I can’t remember anything that really happened after our performance. The performance was the Olympic closing ceremony and it was the best thing we’ve ever done but I was so nervous. There were so many amazing celebrities there and I just get shy and uncomfortable in those situations. Perrie, Katherine and Eleanor came to watch us and after our performance me and Louis went to watch the rest of the show with them. After the ceremony we went to an after party and I can’t really remember much after that.

“You ok sleepy head?” Perrie asks as she brings a glass of orange juice into my bedroom. I try to sit up but dizziness hits me as I sit up to quickly. I groan loudly, much to Perrie’s amusement.

“What happened last night?” I ask Perrie as I gulp down my orange juice.

“You don’t remember?” Perrie says while giggling.

“I remember going to the club for the after party but when did I get so drunk?” I ask.

“Well we were dancing and you were drinking. I think that’s cos there was a lot of celebrities there. Then you got upset and you started crying and drinking more and me and Niall carried you home. Niall’s in the spare room and you were snoring too loudly so I slept on the sofa,” Perrie tells me, giving an account of the part of the evening that I have no recollection of.

“Hang on, why was I crying?”

“Well, remember that hat I gave you to wear for the performance? My lucky one. Well you kind of lost it in the club and you thought I’d be angry so you got upset,” Perrie says.

“I lost your hat? Per, I’m so so sorry,” I tell her. She loves that hat and she only gave it to me because I was feeling nervous and she said it was lucky. Man, I feel so guilty.

“It’s ok. You were going crazy, looking for it everywhere and I think you asked every single person in the club. You asked Kate Moss at one point. It was quite funny,” Perrie says.

I groan in embarrassment and bury my head in a pillow.

-

As me and Niall lie on the sofas in the lounge I get out my laptop to check twitter. Everyone always tells us not to look at what people say on twitter but it’s hard to resist sometimes and I want to know if people liked our performance last night. As I type in my name into the scroll panel I see loads of comments about my new hair and a few people have picked up that I was wearing Perrie’s hat. Then I come across one tweet from a One Direction update account that reads: ‘Last night Zayn asked for one of the dancers’ numbers when the boys were backstage.’

“What!” I say after reading this tweet. I didn’t mean to say it out loud but I did and Niall turns to look at me.

“What’s happened?” Niall asks.

“Why is there always some stupid girls who make shit up?” I say angrily. This always happens.

“What has she said?” Niall says and gets up to see what I’m looking at.

“There,” I say pointing at the screen. “It’s such bullshit. I was either with you boys or Perrie last night. I didn’t ask any girl for their number,” I tell him.

“What’s going on?” Perrie says as she enters the room.

“Just some idiotic girl making stuff up and saying I asked for her number yesterday,” I tell Perrie.