Chapter 20

Zayn POV

“Perrie? Baby?” I say as I shake her lightly to wake her up.

“What?” she says, annoyed that I’ve woken her up.

“I’m going to a meeting with management and I want you to come because I don’t want to leave you on your own,” I say.

“I’ll be fine,” she says.

“No you wont, what if you need the toilet or want to go downstairs? Come on. Until your mum gets here this afternoon you’re staying with me,” I say.

She puts her hand over her eyes as she starts crying.

“No no no stop crying,” I say as I slide into the bed next to her and wrap my arms around her. I try to calm her down by delicately kissing her neck.

“I’m embarrassed Zayn,” she says in a muffled voice.

“Why?”

“I can’t do anything. I feel so useless. You have to carry or push me everywhere,” she says.

“You’re not useless. You’ll be back to your old self in no time and I’d feel useless if I wasn’t helping you,” I say, stroking her hair.

“Do you know how embarrassing it is to have your boyfriend on the toilet?”

“Weirdly, the last two days have made me love you ten times more. You’re so cute and so strong and I love you. I don’t want you to be embarrassed,” I tell her.

“But I look so stupid. I can’t go anywhere because you don’t want to be seen with me and I can’t go anywhere without you. And this chair is so ugly and stupid. I love you but spending this much time with you is making me crazy,” she says. She sees that I’m upset by my last comment and she turns over and kisses me passionately. “I’m sorry,” she says.

“It’s okay. After the meeting I’ll drop you at the physiotherapist and you can have a few hours without me,” I say, “Now what do you want to wear today?”

I get up and start going through her stuff that is currently in a bag on the floor because we haven’t had time to find space in my wardrobe yet. “You chose,” Perrie says and I throw some pants, a bra, a ‘Stone Roses’ t-shirt, and some black jeans. I walk over to her and start to help her undress. “I can do my top half you know,” she says.

“I know,” I say and lean in to kiss her lips gently.

 -

“Nice to see you Zayn,” Richard says as I walk into his office, pushing Perrie in her chair, “And nice to see you well Miss Edwards. How are you feeling?”

“Like you care,” I say harshly, glaring at Richard.

“Sorry Perrie but this is a One Direction meeting,” he says to Perrie.

“She’s staying,” I snap back.

“Zayn it’s fine you can leave me outside in the café,” Perrie says, looking up at me.

“Nope. You’re staying,” I say and wheel Perrie next to a sofa where I sit down.

Niall and Louis enter first and Niall says, “Perrie!” running over to her and giving her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, followed by Louis doing the same.

“Perrie, Eleanor is keen to see you soon. She’s in town for the next couple of days. Can I give you her number?” Louis asks.

“Yeah of course that would be great,” Perrie says and she takes Eleanor’s number down in her phone.