Chapter 35

Perrie POV

As we hurry back into the studio, Zayn tells the boys in a panic, “The house has just been broken into so we need to go back.”

“You want us to come with you?” Harry asks.

“No don’t worry about it. I’ll call you guys later,” Zayn says and pulls me out of the room before I have chance to say goodbye to Eleanor or the boys.

We get in the car and Zayn tries to start the engine. It chugs but it wont start. “Fuck!” Zayn shouts, hitting his hand against the steering wheel and making me jump.

“Lets go ask one of the boys to take us,” I say and jump out of the car. Zayn runs into the studio to get one of the boys and comes running out a few seconds later with Harry. I get into the back of Harry’s car while Zayn sits in the front. He’s really panicking but it isn’t really a big deal. Zayn has CCTV on his house anyway and we know the girl who broke in so it shouldn’t be a problem.

As we hit traffic Zayn turns round to face me. “Perrie can you call one of the girls and see if they’re anywhere near and can check out the house?” he asks and I get my phone out. My most recent call was Jade so I call her first.

“Hello?” she says as she answers the phone.

“Baba, are you anywhere near Zayn’s?” I ask.

“Yeah why? What’s going on?” she asks.

“He’s been broken in, can you just go and check that there isn’t anyone still in there because we’re getting worried. Paul should be there but he doesn’t have a key but there is one under the mat,” I tell her. I’m surprised at how much I know about Zayn’s house and where he keeps all his spare keys and Zayn looks surprised as well. As Jade agrees and I hang up, I put my phone back in my pocket.

“Oh shit,” I say, realizing my mistake, “It isn’t still awkward between you and Jade is it Harry?”

“Who gives a shit,” Zayn says before Harry has a chance to answer. “There are more important things going on right now Perrie,” he says. I shut up, shocked at his bluntness and rude tone.

Jade POV

“Hi Paul,” I say as I walk down Zayn’s drive and get the key from under the mat.

“Hi Jade, how are you?” Paul says as I open Zayn’s door.

“I’m good. Have the police come over yet?” I ask, holding the door open for Paul.

“No, so we better not touch anything just in case it’s evidence. You stay here, I’m going to make sure no one is still in here,” Paul says and walks up the stairs. I look around the doorway into the lounge and see the smashed window where the intruder must’ve got into the house. I hear a car pull up outside so step out of the house to see if it is Perrie and Zayn. As the car door opens I see Harry step out the car. What is he doing here? He knows I’ve seen him but I turn to scowl into the distance.

“Jade! Thank you,” Perrie says as she runs over to me and gives me a hug, “You’re a star.”

“Perrie?” I say, looking up at her with a questioning look in my eye so she’d know what I’m talking about.

“The car wouldn’t start so he drove us. Please don’t fight,” she says, referring to Harry as he and Zayn came over. “I’m going to find Paul,” Perrie says and she walks into the house, followed by Zayn. This left just me and Harry outside but I really don’t want to speak to him.

“How are you?” Harry asks awkwardly, obviously he doesn’t want to be in this situation either.

“Fine,” I say, “Now you’re all here I’m gonna head home.” I start to walk down Zayn’s drive to the street.

“Wait! I’ll drive you home,” Harry calls after me.

“It’s fine. I’ll walk,” I say and carry on walking.

“No. There are obviously criminals around here. I promise I wont speak, just let me drive you home,” Harry says and this makes me stop. As much as I don’t want to be in a car alone with him, there is obviously a criminal lurking and it is getting a bit dark.

“Ok. Thanks,” I say and walk over to Harry’s car.

-

Perrie POV

“So do you know what they’ve taken?” I ask Zayn as I walk into the room where he, Paul and some police officers are sitting down and looking serious.

“Perrie, Paul’s gonna take you home,” Zayn says, looking up at me with a worried look in his eye.

“What? Why can’t I stay with you?” I say and walk further over to the where Zayn is sitting. I look at the table and see a note made of cut out letters. Zayn catches me trying to read it and quickly turns it over. “Let me see it, Zayn. What does it say?” I demand.

Zayn looks to Paul, who nods his head and Zayn passes me the note. It reads:

‘I know how to get in. I know where you live. I know everything about you. Leave your girlfriend, unless you want me to hurt her. And I mean hurt her badly.’

I stand back in shock and I feel like I’m going to collapse. Paul quickly jumps out of his chair and puts his arm around me to support me.

“Perrie, we are treating this very very seriously and will do everything in our power to find out who this girl is,” on of the police officers reassures me. I still can’t speak and Zayn is sat with his head in his hands, rubbing his temple.

“I can describe the girl who was outside this morning. She was taking pictures of us and she was all on her own. She had brown hair down to her shoulders. She looked about 14 and had dark eyes,” Zayn tells the police officer.

“Well we’ll look at your CCTV footage and try and find her. Is there anywhere safe the two of you can stay tonight? As we want to tape this house off as a crime scene,” the police officer asks.

“Well we can stay at Perrie’s,” Zayn suggests.

“No. The intruder will know where that is and will probably go there if she is trying to find you,” the police officer says.

“You can stay with me,” Paul offers Zayn and I.

“Jade!” I say as words finally are able to come out of my mouth.

“Shit. Jade’s there on her own,” Zayn says and jumps up from his seat.

“Where?” the police officer asks.

“It’s mine and Jade’s house. We need to get there quickly!” I exclaim.

The police officers say something inaudible into their walkie talkies and get up quickly from their seats. “We’ll go round there now,” the policeman tells us, “You go back to Paul’s house.”

“No. I’m coming with you,” I say and Zayn shoots me a confused look. “We need to go Zayn. I won’t be able to sleep otherwise. We need to go.”

“Ok, ok. Paul will drive us and we’ll follow the police back to yours. It’s going to be ok,” Zayn says and he strokes my hair.

-

We pull up to mine and Jade’s house and there is a big black range rover outside.

“That’s Harry’s,” Zayn says as he spots the car. He jumps out of the car quickly and gasps loudly as the police cars surround the house.

“What?” I ask as I step out of the car.

“The door is wide open.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! dun dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

Vote if you like it. 

Update tomorrow or tonight. WHO KNOWS?