Chapter 27

Zayn POV

This breakfast isn’t as awkward as I thought it would be. It makes Perrie happy every time I speak to Sam and it is good to see her smiling. But I still haven’t forgotten that I need to talk to Jade. She seems to have got over the naked incident this morning and luckily Perrie hasn’t brought it up again.

“So when you going back to America?” Sam asks.

“In a couple of weeks. We’ll be there for a month,” I tell him and Perrie rests her head on my shoulder.

“I hear you guys are getting really popular out there,” Sam says.

“Yeah it’s going pretty well. We’re gonna be doing a bit of a tour out there soon,” I say, politely, “So how is everything going with Diversity?”

“Good. We’re on tour at the moment but we’ve got a few days off,” he tells me. “I’ll go and get some more drinks, do you want anything?” Sam asks us as we stand up.

“Yes please. Can I have an orange juice please?” Jade asks. Perrie asks for the same but I politely decline and Sam goes off to the bar area to get the drinks.

“I’m gonna pop to the toilet,” Perrie says, getting up and walking to the toilet.

“So… um, how are you?” Jade asks awkwardly once Perrie has gone.

“Not great,” I say, “I need to talk to you about Harry.”

“Oh don’t Zayn,” Jade says, getting annoyed.

“No. He’s my mate and I have to,” I say, “You said you’d wait for him to get back from America and you didn’t. You went off with another guy and didn’t even tell him.”

“Well it isn’t like he waited for me. I didn’t text or call and I saw him in the papers with a different girl every night,” Jade argues back.

“He didn’t go with any girls. He was waiting for you and you couldn’t even tell him that you had a new boyfriend. The first he heard of it was in the newspapers when he saw you two kissing. How the fuck would you like it?” I say, raising my voice.

I see Jade’s eyes start to well up just as Sam comes back from the bar. “What’s going on?” Sam says as he sees Jade’s eyes. “What have you done?” he asks me angrily before pulling Jade up from her seat and grabbing her hand, heading to the door. As they leave the restaurant I drink the rest of the water to calm myself down before Perrie comes back.

“Where did they go?” Perrie asks as she arrives back at the table. I look up at her with a guilty look in my eyes. “What the hell did you do Zayn?” Perrie asks.

“I just spoke to her about Harry,” I say, trying to relax the situation.

“But why Zayn?” she asks, “We spoke about this.”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry,” I say, looking into her eyes, “Are you angry with me?”

“No. Come on. Let’s get the bill and then you can go apologize to her,” Perrie says, signaling to the waiter for the bill. I don’t really want to Jade. She should be the one apologizing to Harry, not me to her. But I need to apologize. No way am I losing Perrie and if she wants us to get along then I’ll have to try.

After we have paid we make our way back to the car and then travel back to Perrie and Jade’s house. We walk in the house and Jade and Sam are there in the kitchen.

“You two, can we have a word?” Perrie says and Jade and Sam just stand there.

“Look. I’m sorry Jade. I shouldn’t have brought Harry into anything. It was none of my business,” I say, hiding how I really feel.

“You’re right. It is none of your business and you’re completely in the wrong,” Jade says, “And now you’ve ruined my day with Sam.”

“I’m sorry to both of you,” I say, starting to get angry but holding it in.

“You fucking should be. But your apology isn’t accepted,” Jade says as she walks out the door.

“Is that a joke?” Perrie calls after Jade, “He just apologized to you. Why are you making this into a big deal.”

“Because it is a big deal. He is always gonna defend Harry and he doesn’t know what the fuck he is talking about,” Jade says, “He is making up bullshit saying that Harry didn’t sleep with anyone in America. He’s fucking lying to try and make me look bad.”

“Why would he want to make you look bad?” Perrie asks, while I stay silent. “How do you know that Harry slept with girls in America? Because you read a few magazines? You know they are all bullshit,” Perrie tells her.

“Well they aren’t all bullshit. The ones that say you are a slag are completely true. The ones that said about you and Niall were true as well weren’t they Perrie?” Jade says condescendingly. The next thing I know there is a loud smack and Jade is clutching her cheek. Before Jade can swing back at Perrie I pull Perrie back.

“Get the fuck out!” Jade screams and I pull Perrie by the arm out of the front door, slamming it behind us. Perrie sank down sitting on the steps of the apartment, crying into her hands.

“Perrie, I’m sorry,” I say sitting down next to her and pulling her in so she is crying into my jumper, “It’s going to be alright, I promise.”
“No, it’s not Zayn. What have I done?”

“Are you joking?” I ask stroking her hair, “You’ve done nothing wrong Perrie. This is in no way your fault. You tried to make it better but she wasn’t having any of it. It’s not your fault.”

“I shouldn’t have slapped her. Why did I do that?” she says, sobbing more.

“Come on,” I say, pulling her up from the ground and wrapping my jacket around her as I led her to the car. After she has stopped crying and we have been driving for a bit, I ask, “What did she mean Perrie? When she spoke about Niall, what did she mean?”

“Nothing. I don’t want to talk about it now,” she says, winding down her window.

“Perrie, tell me,” I say, stopping the car, “You know I wont be able to think about anything else until you do.”

“Do you promise you wont get angry?” she asks, turning to look at me.

“Oh god. Just tell me,” I say, starting to think the worse.

“Promise you wont get angry,” she says again.

“Ok. I promise.”

“Well um, when I was on X Factor, Niall kind of asked for my number,” Perrie says.

“So why would Jade call you a slag for that?” I ask, confused.

“Because we were texting for a bit and um, he asked me out. And we went on like one date,” Perrie says. I turn away from her and look out the window, anger rising inside of me. “But we realized straight away that we were just friends,” she says, defending herself.

“Was that before I got your number?” I ask, rubbing my jaw as I try to calm myself down.

“Yes,” she says, “Before I even knew that you liked me. Well I knew that I liked you but I didn’t know you liked me. Please don’t be made Zayn.”

“Ok.”

“Ok?” she asks.

“He didn’t know how I felt and neither did you so it’s ok. It’s just a bit weird that neither of you said anything about it.”

“I’m sorry. I was a bit scared. I didn’t want you not to like me,” she admits.

“Don’t be silly,” I say and lean over to kiss her on the cheek. “But why didn’t Niall say anything? Usually he’d tell us.”

“Don’t be angry at him, Zayn,” Perrie says, placing her hand on my arm.

“I won’t. I’ll just ask.”

--------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd make the fighting not between Zayn and Perrie for once.

Hope you like this chapter. Please vote and comment :D x