Chapter 27

Hours trickled into days into weeks as Cry remained in Felix’s home. Felix would leave for work in the mornings and Cry would wake later and clean the house from top to bottom. Sometimes, he even moved about the apartment complex, offering to clean others rooms, free of charge. He often insisted he pull his weight, ignoring what Felix told him, saying he didn’t need to. Most days, Felix would come home to Cry fast asleep, either in his bed or on the couch, washing half finished. Felix would just shake his head and switch the power back on, letting the load finish. The black marks on the wall still did not fade but Felix was not annoyed, if anything, he was content. It somewhat showed how they had grown close, how they were trusted with eachother.

Nights were calm, Cry still choosing to remain with Felix. The Swede had previously considered protesting but when Cry awoke one night, only a few days after running into the scientist at the restaurant, he had screamed hysterically and broken almost all the appliances in the room with the frantic waves that radiated off him. Felix had eventually managed to calm him, singeing a few hairs on his head and arms in the process yet he didn’t hold it against him, even as Cry frantically tried to apologize, therefore increasing the energy he gave off and singeing even more. Felix just laughed it off playfully, ruffling Cry’s hair gently. Cry had then shyly asked if he could stay with Felix, Swede agreeing in hopes it would calm the other and hopefully keep his appliances from having to constantly be replaced.

Life was good for them. Or, at least it had seemed that way.

Yet when Felix returned from work, his apartment was oddly silent. There was no blue glow. There was no thrum of electricity indicating the washing machine or dryer was running. No frantic footsteps coming to greet him at the door and offer to cook for him. Just... silence.

Felix slammed the key into the door, turning it quickly and heaving it open, running in. The whole room was empty of life and filled with silence. There was no notes, Cry’s clothes still sitting on the couch right next to Sup Guy and the plastic bag of money. Felix checked quickly, seeing nothing missing. His phone beeped, causing him to check it frantically, scanning the words he saw. The world slowed and Felix sighed, turning to look out the window.

“Damn it...” He muttered.