Chapter 19

The sun was low in the sky when the annoying shrill ring of a phone alarm caused Felix to rise from his sleep. Rubbing at his eyes and yawning, he stretched his body and slipped out of the bed and into the shower, quickly cleaning himself before leaving the bathroom and entering his walk in wardrobe. Dressing quickly in a plain black shirt and some light brown shorts, he slipped on some ankle socks and threw some shoes on before brushing his hair and making sure he looked respectable in the mirror. He grasped his phone and placed it in his pocket. Leaving the room, he looked to the couch, seeing Cry still fast asleep, curled up under the blanket with his small plush still cradled tightly in his arms.

“Hey, Cry?” Felix called gently. Cry mumbled gently and opened his eyes slightly.

“Feeeeeeelix...” He moaned, stretching out a hand for the man. Felix chuckled and gave Cry a hand to grasp.

“Cry, I have to go to work okay? I’ll draw you a map to come find me okay?” The Swede offered, letting go of Cry’s hand to note down some basic directions. He dove into a spare change jar and left a few coins and notes with the map. “I’ll come home later”

“MmmyeahwhateverFelix...” Cry muttered, rolling over and going back to sleep. A laugh escaped the Swede as he opened the door, sparing one last look to Cry before slipping out and closing the door.

It was a few hours later when Cry awoke. He weakly moved a beam of electricity from himself over to a nearby clock, informing him it was about ten in the morning. He sat up and rubbed his face to wake himself up before leaving the couch and tucking his little plush toy in.

“Sup... Guy” He said with a chuckle, feeling silly for talking to a toy. “Sup... I’ll call you Sup” Cry smiled, patting Sup on the head before moving into the shower. He sang gleefully, words becoming a nonsense tune as he washed. As he dried himself, he chose some clothes Felix had in his wardrobe, noting his own were still dirty. A orange tshirt covered his chest while he chose just some normal jeans and a brown belt. He slipped on some socks and shoes before moving back out into the loungeroom, eyes searching to Felix. He was nowhere to be seen, making Cry grow concerned. His hands twitched and sparks began to dance between them as his fears grew. A paper on the table caught his eyes and he rushed over, electricity calming momentarily as he read the paper. It was a basic map, showing where the apartment was and where the place Felix was located. It had a small stick figure smiling and waving, making Cry chuckle. On the back was a number for a bus and a stop, most likely for Cry to show the driver in hopes he would aid him. There was money too which Cry grabbed and shoved into his pocket along with the note. He ran to his bag, pulling out a few of the notes he had gotten from the jewellers earlier as well as grabbing Sup and running out the door, locking it.