Chapter 28

There was a tap at the window, bringing Cry from his light napping. A quick bolt of electricity to the clock informed him it was about two in the afternoon. Grumbling gently, he stood and looked out of it. Tired eyes honed in on a man near the bottom, holding up a simple sign.

“We’ve... found you” His voice was almost silent.

“We have” A voice from behind him said simply. A plank of wood was swung forward, smashing into the back of his head and almost knocking him out cold. His body fell to the floor loudly, head smacking onto the carpet and making him wince. Hands circled around his ankles, dragging him unceremoniously across the floor, making static creep along his body. His mind was in too much disarray to fight back, to use the energy those fools were giving him and to shock them. Carpet burned at his face as he continued to move along it yet he could not call out for them to stop. Could not raise his voice to ask to be lifted.

At long last, they did lift him, placing him in a bag and slinging it over a shoulder before beginning the descent down the stairs, making his uncomfortable position grow even more discomforting. Down and down they went, the darkness becoming almost claustrophobic. Oh how he wished to illuminate the space with his glow but he would not. He was too frightened, both being near his captors and being in public. Something in his mind shouted for him to spark, in hopes that the public would help him - A cowering, crying form radiating free energy. The idea was then scrapped as he was thrown into a car, landing on the leather seats and letting out a yelp. One of the men belted him on the head with the plank once more, knocking him flat out.

The last thing he heard was the car engine as they began to roll away.