Chapter 38

It was true.

Felix was trying to help him.

He could feel it now.

The staff had been accounted for, new twisted minds taking the places of the old ones. As the shocks still flowed in him, he felt the bite be stronger. Felix... He’d always turned down the voltage. He could taste it. This electricity was stronger and more bitter than the ones when Felix was in charge. It tore through him, rippling through his muscles and making him scream in volumes he had not since his first time being exposed to the energy. He pleaded for them to turn it down but they instead did the opposite, cranking it up. He screamed and it felt like he would burst into flames until it all fell dark.

“Unconscious. What a low tolerance” The new leader scowled. Felix walked past the room, papers stacked high as he heard the statement. He growled but kept moving. He couldn’t afford to stop. If he was going to get them out, he couldn’t act early.

“A few days... You can do it” He said quietly, words intended for Cry as he kept walking. They just needed to hold out a little longer.

When Cry awoke, he was in his cell. The cold floor chilled him once more and he sneezed, rubbing at his nose. He sat up, head hung low but it perked up as he heard the shouts echoing far down the hall.

“Catch him!” Came one of them.

“He’s after it!” Shouted another.

Cry didn’t need a name to know what was happening. He crackled with excitement, waiting anxiously by the door as he heard the footsteps approach. The jingle of keys rattling frantically graced his ears and the door was torn open, revealing disheveled hair and heavy breathing but it was him.

It was Felix.

“Don’t worry Cry, I’m getting you out”