Chapter 37

The echo of footsteps down the corridor tore Felix from his sleep. He forced sleeping muscles into action, standing and rushing out of the door before slamming it shut and bolting it, making Cry jump and wake from his rest.

“What... how... did I get here?” He mumbled, standing and quietly padding over to the door. He peered out of a crack, seeing Felix standing in the hall, hastily trying to calm some officials.

“It killed almost half the staff!” They roared, making the Swede flinch.

“It was an accident! They filled him with too much electricity and-” A punch was thrown at him, making him stagger backwards. Cry gasped silently, just continuing to watch the events unfold.

“You think that thing is human?”

“He is!” Felix shouted back, his cold, uncaring facade shattered.

“He is nothing but an abomination. A lab rat. An experiment. He is anything but human” A man approached Felix, making the Swede back up.

“He is human! He’s got a mind and thoughts and a voice”

“So does a computer” Retorted one of the others. “Felix, you are being removed from the project. You are to remain here and file paperwork” They said. “Take him away”

“No!” But it was too late. The men grabbed Felix and began to drag him away until his screams and protests faded from Cry’s ears.

“Felix...” He called quietly, feeling tears prick at his eyes.

He had cared. He was trying to help him.

Finally, Cry decided to live up to his name.