Back to Maddie's P.O.V

"Ha,Ha,Ha I win", I called claiming his last black checkered piece.

"Darn it", Wade said looking quite dumb

"Don't take it personal but I am the queen of CHECKERS!", I called out loud. I saw Mark lean outside of the door.

"Time to eat?", I asked.

"Yea, you two come on in", Mark said.

"Okay, be right in", I said. I looked over at Wade who had his evil face on.

"Oh you have won this time but next time it will be me who is the king of CHECKERS", Wade laughed.

"We will just have to wait and see", I responded back getting up from my chair and walking in the door. Wade followed in behind me. I walked over to the table to see the yummy food on it.

"Mmmm, looks great", I said rubbing my hands together. "I love me some shrimp",. I sat down and we all began to feast. As I was about to eat another piece of shrimp I look over at Jack who is staring at me with a smile.

"Why so happy Jack?", I asked.

"Well, your Dad has to go make some videos with Cyndigo so me and you will be hanging out for the whole day!", Jack exclaimed.

"Yay, I cant wait", I said back.

After we ate all of our food Mark said "Oh my god I am stuffed like a chubby bunny",. I giggled. "I got the bill, why don't you guys go sit on the car",.

"Okay, lets go Maddie", Jack said.

Bob, Wade, and I followed Jack out the entrance to the car. I got in to the front seat again and the guys sat in the back like before.

"Maddie, I know this is a super personal question but what happened to your parents?", Wade blurted out. Bob and Jack shoot dirty looks at Wade.

"Come on, bro you know you cant ask that", Jack said.

I froze in surprise. I had not heard that question since 2 months ago when I told my other foster family. I shook my head.

"No, Jack, he is fine. I will tell you guys.", I said gathering up my emotions. "My parents were in a car crash when I was in 5th grade. I remember the day when I was walking to the bus lanes. When I was called back by my principle. She told me that my parents crashed in to 2 other cars after there breaks stopped working. I could remember me in total shock and being scared.",.

"Maddie..I..I'm sorry that I even asked", Wade said.

"No your fine..I have gotten over it", I said looking in front of me making sure that Jack, Wade, nor Bob could not see the hot drops of tears coming down my face. But apparently I did not do a good job because Jack noticed.

"Maddie come here", Jack said. I unbuckled my seat belt and crawled into Jacks arms. I could not keep it in so I let it out. The tears ran down from my face causing both me and Jacks shirt to be getting soaked.

"Your such a good kid and you did not deserve to go through the pain that you did", Jack said looking in to my eyes. Like Marks they seemed to draw me in. I looked out the back window and saw Mark coming. I quickly wiped away the hot tears and got back in to the front seat before Mark got in. The car was silent when Mark got in.

"Oh, now what is wrong with....", Mark stopped and looked at my face.

"Maddie, why is your face red and wet? Were you crying?", Mark asked. His voice changed.

"What did you guys do?", Mark said getting angry and turning around and looking at the guys.

"Well, Wade..", Jack began.

"Wade did not do anything. He just asked me a question about my past, that is all. I just kinda got sad and now everything is honky dore now", I replied trying to act as cheerful as possible.

"Are you sure your okay?", Mark asked.

"Positive", I replied.

"Okay, lets go home", Mark said still looking at the guys with a angry look. The car ride was silent till we got home.