What a weird girl, Katherine thought as she shrugged it off and headed back to her own dorm building; she has been loitering around the staff building and it was restricted to just them. It would land her inside the headmaster's office once more if she allowed herself to be found; of course, she does not wish to.

Heading back to her dorm, she saw a familiar face cross her path and looked up at her; her bright blue eyes caught her stare and a smile soon followed. Katherine stood there and examined her for a brief second before she resumed her pace, but as she got near to the blonde, she blocked her path by stretching her arms out.

"Out for a night stroll?" she queried as Katherine tilted her head in amusement, "Firsties aren't allowed here you know?"

"And of Third years?" Katherine queried, wondering why she bothered to strike a conversation, "Are you exempted from the rule?"

"Not really," she giggled softly with the moonlight touching her blue eyes that nearly made it shine silver whilst she retracted her arms, "I never quite caught your name."

"Katherine," Katherine spoke out with a shrug, "I don't recall yours either," she admitted as she took a quick sniff, "But I know your scent and your face."

"Wolves and their noses," she crossed her arms with a small smile, "It's Oriana," she reintroduced herself as she held a hand out, "Oriana Dawson," she smiled as Katherine took her hand and shook it firmly, "But just call me Ori."

"But you're a third year," Katherine replied as she retracted her hand, "I should have some respect for you," she frowned as Ori merely laughed at her statement as though it was the funniest joke she had ever heard, "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing," Ori replied as she calmed herself after a good fit, "You'll survive this school I guess," she explained as she brushed a stray tear in her eye, "Anyway I've got to go," she continued as she walked past her, "You can ask me anything if you see me."

Katherine simply nodded and watched her walk away; she could not quite understand how all of that went well. Her words bewildered her for a brief moment before she resumed her pace back to the dorm; her thoughts returned to Hailey in a matter of seconds as she recalled how she spoke to the wind as though it communicated with her.

Halting her step, she turned around and could vaguely see Ori's back disappearing in the distance; the wind soon picked up against her skin as she realised that she trotted towards her in such a fast pace for no reason. There was something in her mind that boggled her and made her wonder how it all started.

Catching up to her, she gently strode beside her and caught her blue eyes; there was a hint of mischief in them that she could not quite understand, but at the same time, there was a genuine care inside. They stopped and faced each other, then allowed a minute to pass before Ori tilted her head in amusement.

"What's at the bottom of the pit?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shadows all around; the night creatures howled to the starless skies. The grass crunched under the heels of their shoes as they made their way through the dimly lit forest; the stars did not wish to light their paths.

The leaves sang as the wind blew a fine tune as much as the branches danced to it; the owls hooted to its melody as much as the crickets rang their loud laughs. It was a fairly quiet evening as Lt. Ford and Jesslyn strolled through the tall, gallant woods that surrounded the Institution.

Footprints marked the soft earth as the two of them followed its dry trail; they have been going in circles in search of this one beast. There were several trails that led them into the forest, but the security team have not seen anything suspicious or heard any of the alarms triggered, which caused the two of them to seek out this enigma.