They have to learn how to trust her. Michelle is tired of being sheltered and held back. Most people Michelle's age does not have to go through situations like this. Most of her peers have parents that either trust them or do not care. And here Michelle is having to inform her parents of every move she makes.

It grows very tiring.

"I know that you think you are seventeen and an adult, but sweetheart that is very much the opposite. The brain at that age is still..." Michelle's mother went.

Michelle tuned her out, only sending occasional interested gestures. She always has to give a scientific explanation for why Michelle thinks the way she does. Can she not just conclude that Michelle is human, and no statistical data, or opinionated fact will be accurate?

Michelle watched as her mother continued on. As she did, Michelle's mind began to drift off onto her later activities that she will do even without their approval and permission. She has been planning for this for months now, there is no way they are cancelling.

"Do you understand" Michelle's mother asked snapping Michelle out of her mindless thoughts.

Michelle quickly nodded, "Oh of course mom. Both you and," Michelle looked back and forth to both parents, "dad have nothing but my best interest in mind. But I don't think Javon is that bad of an influence."

Trying to keep her collected composure, Michelle looked off into the distance. She does not want them to see the lie for what it is. She only said Javon's name because her family is close to his family, and they love Javon.

Any other guy will receive an immediate boot. Her family is just strict that way.

"Javon?" Her father questioned. "Henson's Javon?"

Michelle stiffly nodded, returning her stare to her father. She could tell that he is pleased and convinced. All it takes is one parents, and she gets the right away.

"Well, I guess there's no harm with that kid. What are the plans for you two?" He asked.

Plans. Plans? What are their plans? Michelle had an idea of what she was going to say for that question, but now it feels too obvious towards a lie. She has to think better and quickly.

"Our plans?...our...okay, fine, but you cannot tell Mrs. Henson. Alright?" Michelle warned.

Her mother cleared her throat, "I do not like where this is going."

Her father on the other hand replied, "Go on. Your secret is safe."

Michelle's smile began to grow in confidence. "Oh nothing, but he's taking me to visit this college in another state. Before you say anything, we have been planning this for months. We've talked with advisors, and one is available at six. Come on please, I promised him I would go on my birthday, because it's the only day you two would allow me."

Michelle puckered out her lips, and placed both hands into one another. She laid her chin on the two, and supported it with her elbows on the table. Sending baby eyes to both parents, Michelle carefully watched for reactions.

Groaning, her mother answered, "Just...please call us when you get there. What's the college?"

Lowering her hands, and fixing her face, Michelle responded, "It's a community college. He wants to take some summer classes, and surprise his mother when she finds out he paid for them. Please don't spill the beans you two. Especially you dad, we all know how you and Mrs. Henson share just about everything with one another."

Her father chuckled, "Alright, alright. My lips are sealed and you have a deal. Just be home before nine."

Michelle quickly stood from her seat and pulled both parents into a tight hug. Afterwards, Michelle gathered all her belongings for school and was on her way.