He was just protective over the young blonde boy.

"I didn't know about it, I figured it out as time went on. I was 7 years when it happened, I figured it out when I left the group" Seth sighed and sat down on one of the random chairs placed in the warehouse.

Ashton scraped some dirt off of his fist and breathed angrily but soon relaxed a bit when feeling Luke place his small hand right below Ashton's neck in a soothing matter.

"Why'd you leave? It was a really fucking shitty thing to do, if you haven't noticed that yet?" Ashton asked and glanced up to see his brother light a cigarette and let it slide through his fingers playfully.

"It was either you or me. You were only 15 years old, so I made sure it ended up being me"

Seth's answer was unclear and confusing, and Ashton was in no mood for that. He wanted clear answers because he was tired of thinking and having to do everything by himself.

He just needed to know everything to make sure Luke would be fine. He made Luke a promise, a promise that he would keep him safe, and Ashton wasn't ever planning on breaking that promise.

Ashton sighed loudly and stood up from the table he was leaning on. He turned to look at Luke who had confusion written all over his face before taking a hold of the younger boy and lifting him off the table.

Ashton grabbed Luke's hand and the small blonde intertwined his fingers with Ashton in a silent cry for safety before Ashton started dragging him over to the exit.

"I'll be back tonight" Ashton mumbled under his breath.

"No, no, no" Seth said and stood up from his chair to grab Ashton's arm, stopping him from walking away, "I'm here to help you guys. All my men are here to help with this fucking war you have brought on yourself. Don't walk away from me now"

Ashton bit the inside of his cheek when feeling Luke tense up by his side by Seth's words. Ashton hadn't told Luke anything and he didn't want the blonde to know either. Luke was way too innocent to have to be drawn into whatever fucked up shit that happened in Ashton's life.

Ashton snatched his arm away from Seth's grip angrily. "I wanted war against those motherfuckers, but I never asked to be reunited with you" he said in a quiet mumble but he knew Luke could still hear them.

"Don't be so bitter little bro, I'm here now because I wanted to and because I care about you. You're my brother and even though I never contacted you, I always made sure you were alive and breathing fine"

Ashton scoffed so Seth continued, "I didn't need help you much though, you're really fucking badass by yourself. You, Michael and Chase. And now Luke" Seth said and leaned to the side a bit and looked at the frightened blonde.

"Luke is not in this. Luke has nothing to do with this" Ashton spoke and Seth raised his eyebrows up in slight surprise.

Ashton sighed and turned to look at Luke before looking back at his brother again. "Have you met Ty yet?"

Seth nodded. "Yeah. Couldn't really tell what he felt about seeing me again. The other guys were quite friendly though"

And then he chuckled again, like he always did. He made everything into a joke because he thought it was easier to go by life like that. Ashton didn't, he just dealt with it the real way.

"Where did you find your men?" Ashton asked and watched Seth throw his cigarette on the floor and put it out with his foot.

"Mexico" he said and grinned. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows.