"What the heck?"

"We're trapped!"

"What is this? A joke?"

Jesslyn smiled at them and found their responses quiet amusing. So, who's laughing now? She thought as she removed the whistle in between her lips and stood up, then clapped her hands to catch their attention; everyone turned to her with confusion written across their faces as much as some had fear.

"So," Jesslyn spoke, "Can anyone tell me now how high can an average person jump?"

"You're insane!" one person from the boys shouted out loud, "How are we supposed to know?"

"Jump," Jesslyn stated simply as she pointed to the deep abyss that surround both square floors that held them, "Jump and tell me how high."

"Are you serious?" Another person queried, but now it came from the girls, "The jump is like sixty feet away!"

"Well, well," Jeslyn cocked her head to the side, "Aren't you all Non-Mortals?" she queried as most of them nodded, "So, this jump should be a piece of cake to all of you," she continued, "Am I right?"

Whispers broke out in the crowd as Jesslyn observed their reactions; her eyes caught a glimpse of Katherine that nearly made her chuckle at her. She saw her almost fall into the eighty foot drop that she had to dig herself; well not really. Her eyes examined most of them and saw the reluctance in their eyes, which made her roll her eyes at them mentally.

"So much for being Non-Mortals," Jesslyn sighed as she sat back down into her chair, "I though all of you are so powerful," she spoke out loud, enough for everyone to hear, "But I guess all of you aren't that special."

Five minutes went and none dared to jump; Jesslyn was already fanning herself out from boredom as she waited for the first brave soul to jump. It was not a simple test, but it was what separated the weak from the strong; she was good at what she does and knew every weakness there was in them.

"I need the bathroom," one girl whined out loud as Jesslyn turned to her, "Can I go?"

"Sure," Jesslyn nodded with a smile which raised the hope of the young teen, "Just cross the eighty foot drop and you can use the bathroom."

"Eighty feet?!"

"Is she for real?"

"She can't be serious!"

"This is torture!"

Katherine heard their whines and found them a little childish; she believed that this was Jesslyn's way to discipline them for the lack of respect. However, she did not expect her to be part of it as she peered into the darkness below; she could not see the floor as she saw a bead of her sweat drop down into nothing.

"We have to suffer two hours of this?" one person hissed as Katherine turned and saw the person with blonde hair spoke; her hand was fanning herself as the heat of the morning fell upon them. "I really have to go!"

Katherine turned to Jesslyn, who looked like she would not spare any prisoners; she looked at the drop and felt her spine quiver as the draft it gave as much as it echoed their words. She wanted to take the jump, but she needed a running start; it was an impossible jump, but her curiosity got the best of her.

What lie beyond the darkness?

"Alright," Jesslyn spoke her frustration, "I'm going to start calling names because all of you are a bunch of cowards," she continued as she got up and walked over to the boys side, "Men first," she announced as she looked through her clip board for a possible suspect, "Let's see if you have balls."