"Alright," she spoke as she took her clipboard that had a lot of names on it – two hundred to be precise, "Let's see the casualties," she chuckled to herself as she blew her whistle, "Everyone out, now!"

"Working hard?"

Jesslyn turned around, "Oh, hey Kathie."

"Hey, Jess," Katherine smiled at her as she stood in front of her, "It's been a while."

Jesslyn chuckled, "I know right," she smiled at her, "I know you missed me."

"You wish," Katherine giggled as the rest finally emerged from the locker room, "Looking forward to the first day of class, coach."

Jesslyn smirked, "You'll regret your words."

Blowing her whistle once more, the battalion of students stood in front of her where Katherine could only raise a brow at her statement; she merely smiled at her as she watched them fall in line, all standing and smirking as though to mock her.

"Alright people," Jesslyn shouted as she caught everyone's attention, where most of them were making fun of her, "I'm going to be your coach for this morning," she told them as she took a chair, "I want you to split yourselves between boys and girls."

"What about the gays?" A voice boomed from behind that sent the huge crowd into a short laugh, which was meant to be a jest to which Jesslyn merely smiled.

"You're choice of side," Jesslyn replied as she put the whistle between her lips, "Once you're done, I want you to stand within the white square lines."

Blowing her whistle for the third time, the crowd of teens slowly followed her instructions before they all turned to her and waited for what would happen next; Jesslyn sat on her metal stool and smiled at them.

"Now," Jesslyn spoke as she looked at them from end to the other, "Who can tell me how high a normal person can jump?"

None raised their hands as Jesslyn merely sighed and looked at them a disappointed look in her eyes; she pointed out to one from the boys – a young man with curly hair. He pointed at himself as if to ascertain that it was he who was chosen, but merely shrugged at the answer; another round of laughter came which was already more than a joke – it already sounded as a mock.

Katherine stood in the back, barely able to see Jesslyn amongst the sea of bodies in front of her; there were some beside her who were hardly paying attention even. She tried to get to the front as she wedged herself between a few people only to fall face down on the floor; a few giggled came around her she looked up to find them laughing at her.

Her face went red from embarrassment as a hand fell into her view; she took it without question and got up to face a pair of dark amber eyes that nearly looked orange to her. She smiled at her as her eyes slowly found itself staring at her fiery blue hair that looked like the ocean only brighter.

"You alright?" her dark amber eyes stared at her.

Katherine nodded, "Y-yeah, thanks."

"No problem," she smiled as she disappeared into the sea of bodies. Katherine stood there amazed by the colour of her hair and the unusual colour of her eyes; her head tilted to the side in befuddlement before she returned to her previous objective – to be in the front to see Jesslyn.

As she made her way to the front, the ground suddenly shook uncontrollably that almost made her lose her balance once again; she tried to keep herself straight as the tremors continued which made the girls scream around her that nearly made her deaf. She covered her ears as the tremors eventually subsided.

"What was that?" the girl beside her questioned which made her ask herself the same question; she made her way to the front where she was able to see Jesslyn properly. Her legs kept on walking until she felt someone hold her shirt from behind that made her lose balance; she stopped mid-step and fell onto her bum which made her eyes widen at what she saw.