ΩChapter Ten: Hinata's POVΩ

Hinata's POV
We were sitting outside. It is after dinner.

One thing came up. About former classmates. Well it didn't come up exactly. I just said something that set off memories of me crying.

They don't know your past.
×+flashback+×
Scene: Hinata is sitting in her room crying. It is two years ago.

I had heard a knock. I was crying so hard. I couldn't help myself. I put on a sweater to hide my bruises, wiped the tears away, and opened the door. It was Kyoya.

I tried to look happy. He had given me a blank look. I silently let him in. I sat down. "Take off your sweater." He said.

I looked up at him. I silently and slowly took it off. He grabbed my arm and smoothly ran his hand over bruises. I cringed and tears ran down my face.

Who really is Kyoya Ootori? I thought. Is he this caring person, or this person, who is hungry for power? Hungry for information. Needing to gain something, to know everything.

He had grabbed my hand and took me into my bathroom. He filled up the tub with hot water and bubbles. "Get undressed. The hot water will soothe the pain."

His face was blank. He turned around. I made sure he couldn't see through the mirror. I quickly undressed and got in.

He turned around. "Those bastards." He yelled. He bashed his hand on the area next to sink and some how made a dent.

"Kyoya--"

"No. What right do they have?" He said. I was about to get up and prevent him from bashing anything else but I realized that I was not really able to.

"You should switch schools." Kyoya said, calming down.

"After the first year of high school we are moving. Its fine. No point or switching." I had said.

He looked at me, the blank look appeared again. I looked down, into all the bubbles and closed my eyes. He was right. The hot water was soothing. I was feeling nothing. Except a pain in my heart.
×+×+×+×
"Did you enjoy today?" He asked. I looked at him, the memory floating away, bringing me back into reality.

"I think today was good." I said. The car finally came and we went inside.

"Kyoya?" I asked.

"Yes, Hinata?" He said looking at me. His look was as serious as mine.

"Will...will you...ever be able to...you know. Forget the past?" I asked. He looked at me with the same blank face as he did that night two years ago. But then when I was finally in the tub, he cracked.

"When you saw me cry. When you saw me in bruises! Will you? I know thats why you avoided me." I said, looking down.

"Hinata." He said.

"Hinata. Thats not true. And I don't think...seeing you in that pain. Its not easy to forget." He said.

"I know you thought about it earlier." I said. "When I mentioned how nobody knows your past."

"If you don't want to be friends because I saw you cry over a couple bruises then you can tell me straight out." He said sharply. "But just remeber, if you do anything out of line I will let it spill."

Crack.

"No. Kyoya. I just mean....well...I was seeing if you did remember." I sai, ignoring the last part. I also had connection. It would turn to full out war.

"Yes. I told you. Its not that easy to forget." He said.

"Yeah. I figured you would say that." I said.