12. Singing and Driving

Start from the beginning

But he wasn't doing either. Instead, his teeth were clenched on his bottom lip which was drained of colour due to this. His hands were gripping the steering wheel hard and his knuckles were turning white. It looked like he was torturing himself not singing.

"Oh stop torturing yourself already, you can sing!" Jasmine exclaimed, throwing her hands up in frustration for the second time this car ride. Carters' head whipped in her direction, his eyes wide with bewilderment. "Go on," she urged, reaching to turn the stereo up a bit. The country song that had been playing ended and newer, slower song began. Carter gave Jasmine an unsure look but slowly began singing with the radio.

"I could spray-paint 'I love you' on that bridge or in the sky.
And I could swear when you say it to me, there's a good chance I could fly."

"And I might, it seems like, yeah. If it's gonna be any night, it might as well be tonight." He started out warily; as if he wasn't sure what he was doing was right. Jasmine made a motion with her hands as if to say 'keep going'.

"There's this thing that you do, you don't know that it does something to me, yeah." He sang, looking back towards the road and where they were going.

"It's in the way that you sway, that you talk, that you touch, that you kiss, that you breathe." His voice started to get stronger and clearer, his confidence growing with time.

"That I need, you look at me, girl. You're shaking things up like you wouldn't believe," he sang along. Jasmine couldn't help but tap her toe along with his tapping fingers.

"Crashing my comfort zone, setting me free. It's a 'who'd a thought?', 'never dream' kind of thing."

"Your name, your name sounds so good next to mine, just saying. And I think, I think I'm gonna put it in all my rhymes, baby," he sang as they stopped at a stop light. He looked over at me, singing the next lyrics.

"Cause with you, I'm gonna do quite a few things that I never thought I would do." He sang looking directly into Jasmine's eyes.

Jasmine couldn't breathe. Her breath hitched in her lungs.

HONK. HOOOOOOOOONK!

"Move it grandpa!" Someone's shouting voice from a car behind interrupted.

Carter's foot slammed on the gas in response, the music dying away and eyes tearing away from Jasmine's. Carter kept his gaze set on the road and Jasmine could finally get a proper breath in and quickly turned her head towards the window. Jasmine's cheeks were burning up; she could feel herself blush deeper and deeper.

Eventually the crazy driver passed them, speeding by down the road. He sped off, only to be stopped not only a minute later by a disguised police car when he sped through a red light. Jasmine couldn't help the smile that came to her lips at the sight of an injustice becoming right.

Her head leaned against the window, she was tired....very tired. The week had been stressful, with her mom still in the hospital and both herself and her dad working during the week. Jasmine's eyes closed and she could feel herself drifting off to sleep. A soft song was playing in the back of her head as she drifted from consciousness.

Suddenly she was jolted awake when the truck halted to a stop. Jasmine felt the engine stop as the keys were removed.

"Open your eyes Jasmine, we're here," Carter said as he grabbed his camera and slung it around her neck. Jasmine's eyes flittered open to reveal what waited ahead for her.

The Westford Pier. 

 A/N

AHHHH!!!!! 

I. 

LOVE.

THIS.

CHAPTER!

FEELS ANYONE?????I KNOW I'VE GOT 'EM! 

Ok enough with the caps. It's a short chapter, but it's short and sweet. I really wanted to get this chapter out there before I go on vay-cay for a week where I will not have my laptop, and I will have limited Wi-Fi. So I really hope you guys like this chapter as much as I do.

Who loved this shortie sweet chappy?

Hehe, stupid question. But *raises hand* I did! 

My expectations are kind of low since lately I haven't been pulling in many reads or votes, but I'm glad you loyal readers are still out there. 

Please vote, comment, read, follow, and FEEL THEM FEELS!

-love, nessa