Chapter 1 - Moving

I hope you like it!!

----------------------------------

Moving to a new town is never easy but moving to a new country is a whole other ball game. I'll be honest, when my dad told me that we would be moving to America, I expected a new sunny environment. I was sadly mistaken. My father and I had moved from dreary England to La Push, Washington, apparently one of the rainiest states in America.

Driving through Folks and reaching the outskirts of La Push, I was amazed at all the greenery. It was truly beautiful. I'm never normally someone that looks at the scenery and just stops; I'm definitely one of those people that would rather appreciate the view for a couple of seconds and then move on with my life. La Push was something else though. It was difficult not to lose yourself in the wildlife and forestry.

The trees slowly started to thin out as small, red houses came into view. The forest however did not disappear as it created a boarder around all the houses that passed. The houses were spread as not one house was within extremely close proximity to another which was unusual for me to see.

"Do you like it?" My dad asked from the driver's seat.

"Yeah. It's very calm here," I breathed.

We finally arrived at what I assumed is our new house. It was quaint in the best way possible. It did not look any different to any of the other houses on the reservation; the house's outer walls were red and looked run down but that's what appealed to me about this house, it looked like someone actually lived in it.

Stepping out of the car, my dad put his arm around me as we walked towards our new home. The house was already furnished as my grandmother and grandfather used to own the house before they unfortunately passed away a year ago. It was their only wish that my dad and I moved in once they had passed to enjoy the life that they had always spoke about during long phone calls in the evening.

Stepping into the house, I noticed that the house had a cosy, open plan living, diner and kitchen. The furniture didn't look as though it was decorated by an elderly couple but instead a middle aged couple. Looking through the back windows, I noticed that we had a large back garden that unsurprisingly had the fringe of the forest lining it.

"I like it here," I smiled at my dad as he put our belongings on the entry way floor.

"I think we're going to like it here," My dad said, giving me a hug.

Going upstairs, I unpacked my belongings in my room. Sitting on my purple bed sheets, I looked straight ahead into the wall mirror that I had decorated my room with. My waist length, dark curly hair looked more vibrant and my bright green eyes looked happier than they ever did when my father and I lived in England.

Standing up, I made my way downstairs. I saw my dad sitting at the dining table reading the local newspaper he had bought on the way to our house. The front door was left wide open, letting the morning breeze take over the house.

"I think I'm going to make some muffins for our neighbours," I told my dad.

"Good idea, although you may have to take a drive to get to them," he told me. How could I forget about the unusual lay out of this reservation?

Half an hour later, I was placing the hot muffins on two plates and covering them with cling film.

"Dad, can I borrow your truck?" I asked, using my puppy eyes.

Hesitantly, my dad agreed. I walked out and got into my dad's dark blue truck. After a 3 minute drive, I arrived at our neighbour's house.

Their house looked very similar to ours, however their front porch was a lot larger than ours. Hesitantly, I walked towards the open front door and raised my fist to knock.

"Oh, hello," a dark haired woman said before I could even knock on the door. She was a very pretty woman however she had a large scar running down the side of her face. Out of politeness, I looked away and smiled in return.

"Hello. My dad and I just moved in so I thought I would make some muffins as a welcoming, I guess," I laughed nervously, my shy side seeping through.

"That's very kind of you. My name is Emily, please, come in," she said as she herded me inside her home.

As I walked in, I not only noticed the nice interior of the house but also the large group of shirtless males crowding the living area. My cheeks were tinted a rosy colour as my eyes instinctively dropped to their exposed torsos.

Quickly averting my eyes, three more shirtless males and a girl walked through the open door. The oldest looking man walked straight over to Emily and gave her a kiss. After pulling away, he finally noticed my presence.

A look of both curiosity and protectiveness crossed his face as he looked at me.

"Hello. My dad and I are new to town. My name is Lillian Ross," I said, trying not to show my fear.

"What have you got there new girl?" One of the older shirtless boys asked from the couch.

"Double chocolate chip muffins." There was a slight pause before four of the six boys raced towards me.

I squeaked in fear as they grabbed the plates from my hands.

"Guys! Don't be so rude," The older man said, halting the boys mid chew. "I'm Sam," the older man said reaching over to shake my hand. His hand was unusually warm, causing me to frown in confusion as soon as our hands made contact.

The other boys were quick to introduce themselves as Paul, Jared, Embry, Quil, Brady and Collin. The first four being the ones to run for the muffins.

"I'm Leah," the girl introduced herself with a slight attitude.

I frowned but let it go, "It's nice to meet you," I smiled at her. Her frown faltered slightly before she took a seat at the table with some of the other boys. 

"I'm Jacob," one of the other boys said, introducing himself, also taking a seat at the table. 

Embry, I think, pulled his chair out quickly to reach for a second muffin at the same time that Paul did. They both glared at each other as they started scrapping over the muffin across the table. In doing this, Embry's chair fell backwards, hitting me in the knees with a slight force. Squeaking, I fell backwards straight into a warm chest as an even warmer set of hands fell to my waist.