Corruption Arc: Detection

Hey Readers! Arctic Fox here! Not sure about what to say right now so I'll just get right into it. Hope you enjoy the chapter! Arctic Fox out!

Tainted Land

POV: Ryu

With Ryu and Shade on point, the group moved slowly through the infected earth. The farther they got, the more crazy things became and the more Tainted they had to evade. Suddenly, Ryuheld up a paw with all his fingers up. The group stopped behind him as they waited for his next command. His fingers then closed to a fist as the group got ready to move or fight, whatever was necessary. He then moved his paw straight to the right and the group moved right, into the near-by black trees and bushes. They looked at Ryu, wondering what he wanted. He put his paw facing down, palm towards the floor, and moved it down. They nodded and the group dropped to the ground, waiting. A few seconds later, the sound of a punch of footsteps were heard, marching. The group of 7 got even lower as their eyes narrowed. A few seconds more and the first member of the convoy appeared. It was a mix of different kinds of Pokémon, too many to count or name. The convoy was chanting as they moved the words in time to their march.

'Left, Left, Left right left. Left, left, left right left.' The leader of the convoy, a Tainted Blaziken, called. 'Ok ya maggots! LordShadowstorm wants you recruits up to par! As you probably have been noticing, the longer the Taint is in your system, the more clear your mind becomes as it adjusts to your specific body! When you're first tainted, you are nothing more than a basic mindless slave! Now that you have conscious control over your new mind, it's time for you to begin your training! I don't take slackers to let's move!' The Blaziken commanded, getting back to the march.

'I don't know but I been told!'

'We are going to control the world!'

'Sound off!'

'One, Two!'

'Sound off!'

'Three, Four!'

'One, two, three, four!'

'One. Two, Three, Four!'

'I don't know but I been told!'

'Shadowstorm will rule them all!....' The march faded as the convoy got farther away till they disappeared from sight and hearing. The group of 7 gulped before Ryu mumbled.

'They are getting more organized. This will make things even harder. We got to move much more carefully now.' Hemumbled, concern for the future of their stealth. His team nodded before they got back on the path, being much more careful than before.

A mile down the path

POV: Ryu

The group took a good hour to go the mile they moved since the convoy. The reason was them being much more careful about their surroundings. Each members ears were always twitching or, in the case of Alice and Night, straining to hear everything that was around them. They were about to turn a corner whenRyu heard something. He held up a paw to try to get his team to stop but it was too late. The sound of their own footsteps blocked out the sound of the squad of 5 Taints that were around the corner. By the time the group stopped, the squad of 5 appeared around the corner. The two teams stared at each other for about 30 seconds before the Tainted Squad reacted. One of the ones in the back, unfortunately a Loudred, pulled out a special horn made by Shadowstorm that would inform every Tainted member of intruders and blew into it, a loud horn going through out the Tainted land. The corrupted earth absorbed the sound and carried it throughout the infected area. The other 4 in the squad rushed the group of 7, the want to Taint the group of 7 driving them forward. Ryu's group swore under their breath as they knew they were now spotted, the worry of stealth being replaced with the fight of survival. The groups of 7 and 5 rushed each other, both ready for a bloody fight.

Ryu was in the lead, his team on his tail, and rushed forward, Shadow Claw on his left paw, an aura sword in his left. Shade, on his left, had her aura sword in her paws. Pikachu's tail glowed white as he used Iron Tail. Night's wings glowed as he flew on Ryu's right and above. Nami was covered in water as she rushed forward, looking like a missile of water. Espeon'seyes started to glow as one of the Tainted fell behind, screaming as its mind was violently assaulted till its head popped, the headless body stumbling for a bit, black blood pouring out of the hole like a fountain, before gravity won the battle at long last, pulling it down. Ryu met the leader of the group, a Raichu, head on, the two snarling at each other between a black sword made of Ryu's life force and a tail made of iron from the Raichu. Ryugrinned at the Raichu, much to its confusion. Ryu then swung forward with his Shadow Clawed paw and made a long gash along the Raichu's side. The stalemate broke as the Raichu'sfocus what distracted, Ryu pushing the Raichu back. Glancing to his left, Ryu saw Shade in a literal sword fight with Doublade, sparks flying off as the blades met, neither of them able to break the others defense. Glancing to his right, Ryu saw Pikachu andNami working together as they fought a Zoroark. Ryu didn't want to look behind him so he used his aura to detect what was behind him, his eyes glowing even more blue than normal. Night and Espeon were fighting that Loudred that alerted the area. They couldn't use their powers as the Loudred's head was its whole body. They were forced to using Iron Tail in Espeon'scase and Steel Wing in Night's. Looking back towards his opponent, he saw the Raichu grinning at him, which confused him greatly. The Raichu then spoke, helping Ryu with his confusion.

'I haven't had this much fun in a while. You are good with that blade of yours. Let's see just how good shall we?' The Raichusaid, grinning the whole time. The Raichu then rushed forward, ready to begin the dance of death.

Ryu brought his sword up just in time to block the Iron Tail that would have cut him in half. He grinned back, this would be fun.

'I agree with you there. This is quite entertaining. Let's get this party started shall we?' Ryu replied, blocking yet another tail. The Raichu grinned at him.

'Too bad you aren't on our side; I would love to have these little duels. I like you.' The Raichu chuckled out, blocking a slash thatRyu made towards his right side, before returning his own strike towards Ryu's exposed side.

'Too bad indeed.' Ryu replied, grinning. He ducked and realized that he wouldn't have as much ability in his current form. Using his sword to hold the Raichu's tail down, he punched the Raichuin the face, making him stumble back. Ryu then glowed white as he transformed into his favorite form for sword combat, a Shadow Lucario.

POV: Shade

After blocking blocking both of the swords, she saw the glow of white coming from her right. Glancing over, she grinned when she saw Ryu's new form. She realized how screwed the Raichuwas right then before going back into her own battle.

POV: Ryu

Ryu grinned at the Raichu, who just recovered his balance only to see a Shadow Lucario with a much larger sword in his right paw. The Raichu grinned back and tilted its head.

'Things just got much more interesting. Let's dance!' It yelled, grinning while it charged. Ryu grinned back, rushing himself.

'Let's!' He yelled back, ready to resume the battle.

There you go guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I was planning on making this longer but decided to split it into two chapters. The initial combat and, next chapter, the whole battle and something else that I don't want to spoil. Hope you enjoyed! Arctic Fox out!