Corruption Arc: Shadow Immunity

Hey Readers Arctic Fox here! How you guys doing? I'm having an awesome week so far! I got the Patience and Time from Crucible in Destiny yesterday, I'm writing this chapter,and can talk to my best friend. I do have a secret of mine that relates to her but that's a story for another time. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Arctic Fox out!

Tainted Land

POV: Pikachu

Pikachu was freaking out. The Buizel was walking towards his hiding spot. He knew that he was screwed. However, his team was there to help him. Ryu, being the sneaky one he is, lifted Pikachu into the air where Night flew in and grabbed him, turning him invisible. Ryu, himself, melted into the shadow of a nearby tree, disappearing form sight. Espeon used her powers to move a broken branch were Pikachu originally was, making it seem that the noise was just a piece of the bush breaking backed off farther into the dead forest, making the molecules that make up her body break apart as she turned into a puddle of water. Shade just backed up and her natural colors blended into the forest, plus she made a bubble of aura around her that covered her from sight from anyone without a control of aura. Alice backed up and teleported as stealthy as she could, which was quite stealthy. She ended up next to Shade, without realizing it, and Shade moved the bubble around her as well. This all happened in roughly 3-5 seconds. When the Buizelthrew away the bush, all it saw was a branch there. It looked around for a bit before shrugging and turning back to its comrades. They were looking at him in confusion, wondering what it was. He waved it off.

'Don't worry about it. It was just one of the bush's branchesbreaking off. Surprised it lasted this long.' It said, waving the rest of the convoy on. The other members nodded before continuing to taint the rest of the prisoners. The pikachu, seeming to have been tainted by the leader or high officer, seemed to have immediately become a high ranking officer herself as she was also giving out orders to the convoy. Once the group past and the pikachu moved on, the Buizel stopped and looked back at the bush, its eyes narrowed. He then shook its head and moved on, still wondering about that noise it heard.

POV: Ryu

Ryu sighed in relief when the convoy moved on. Coming out of a shadow in the road, he turned back to his group, holding his paw up and waving it in a circle, the signal for 'form up'. Once his group got around him, he looked at each of them before talking.

'Well. Now we know what is happening. This has turned into something much more serious than a simple little adventure to find out what the random headache was. Now it has turned into an apocalypse. It's up to us to stop this. Time to step up our game.' Ryu exclaimed, his face becoming serious. The 5 others nodded in agreement as their faces steeled. There is no room for horsing around now. It's do or die. The group did a double check of their condition before moving down the path the Tainted took. They came up with that name after seeing what the black stuff did to them, plus what the infected called themselves. They slowly moved down the path, ready to fight the storm.

One hour later

POV: Ryu

Ryu in the front of the group on point. It was the most dangerous spot to be. If there were any traps, He would be the one to trigger them. The group didn't think there would be any traps though. The Tainted didn't know about them...yet. Things were going to be much harder when they got spotted. They were behind enemy lines and had no back up. As the group moved on, they didn't see the lone Taint who was walking. This Taint, aseviper, was slithering along the ground, when it spotted the group. It thought about raising the alarm when it saw the black colored Mew. It thought that it would be better to take the chance now to try to turn this Pokémon, or risk losing the perfect opportunity. It slithered into position next to the road, waiting for the perfect opportunity. Seeing the perfect chance, it jumped. It bit down on the body of the Mew, and heard the scream of pain. It tasted the iron of blood and knew its mission was accomplished. It then felt a paw grab its neck. Next, it felt nothing as a sword stabbed its heart, killing it instantly.

Ryu was floating in the lead, looking around as he moved. He looked to his left, seeing nothing, before looking ahead.

'RYU! LOOK OUT!'

Shade's scream made him snap his head to the right. His eyes widened before he felt a huge pain in his stomach and back. Screaming in pain, the momentum of the snake's jump launching him left, he flew and hit the ground, skidding. He screamed again at the pain of the snake suddenly detaching. The next thing he felt was a strange liquid spattering his face. He figured it was the snake's black blood/ooze as he saw Shade above him with the snake dead in her paws. He then looked down and screamed in fear. The group looked at him before gasping themselves. Ryu stared, fear in his eyes, as a red liquid slowly fell down his body, and splashed onto the Tainted land. He started to back up slowly as the black earth rippled as it detected the pure blood hitting it. Then, a small vine of it jumped out and flew straight into Ryu's wound. He stared in fear before looking to his team, fear in all their eyes. He whispered one sentence.

'I'm sorry.' Ryu whispered as he closed his eyes. His eyes then snapped open as he felt the most painful thing he ever felt, even beating the pain of turning into a Shadow Mew in the first place. It felt like his very body was incinerating. Less than a second later, he started screaming. A loud, high pitched, pain filled scream. His team just looked at him in fear. Then, something that they didn't expect happened. The black liquid was forced back out of his body, and Ryu stopped screaming. He looked at each of his team, confusion on his face, an expression shared by his team. A thought then went through his head.

'Uh...I guess Shadows can't get Tainted. Or at least non-naturals...' Ryu exclaimed. Shade sighed in relief while the rest of his team paled in fear that they can still get Tainted. Ryu tried to get up only to hiss in pain as he remembered his wound. The yell reminded his team that he was still bleeding and had 2 huge holes in his chest and back from where the snake bit him. They rushed to his aid. After a few heal pulses, he was able to get up. They nodded to each other before moving on, Ryu and Shade in the lead.

There you go! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Arctic Fox out!